MR688S frame work

Just recapping what I posted...  The 2 clearence lights burning after the truck is cut of, is so that someone can see that the batteries are not cut off..  it's a safety item. ..  Jojo

I doubt it... did you look for a battery dissconnect switch?  usually at the batt box area. they intentionally have the outside cab lights burn when batt's are switched on.. jojo

Yes, it has the disconnect switch. Batteries have been out of the truck for a couple weeks now for the frame work, so I can't look into this light thing til tomorrow when I go over everything with a fine tooth comb to make sure I have everything hooked up properly.  I'm a bit nervous of the wiring.  It's only 19 years old, but.... 26,000 hours on it....

I understand... you could pull the head liner down and dissconnect the hot wire to the outer lights, and connect the outer lights to the 3 center bulbs so they just come on with the park/headlight switch. and when you cut the hot wire that feeds the 2 outer lights, put a small heat shrink on the end of the hot wire so it doesnt short to ground anywhere...  jojo

I totaly forgot something imortant.....   yes the batt. switch is a thing....  but do you have a seperate toggle switch on the panel just for the 2 outer cab light's?    I'm sorry I didn't post this in the beginning....   jojo

• 2 weeks later...

Lift axle bolted on.  Have the trans power sorted out, but now we have a blink code 6-4, cranks but won't start.  Mobile diagnostic guy comes out on Wednesday to try and figure it out. Yea, we're planning on driving this sucker out to Iowa (from Philadelphia area) by the end of this month... Call us crazy.  I'm not looking forward to a probable breakdown on the 20 hour drive...

• Like 1

I’m sure that you won’t encounter anything that you can’t handle @JoeH.  Probably some BMT members along the way that would help you out if needed.  I’d probably be more concerned about the weather and a light rear end with a bare chassis. 

Good luck with the mobile tech. Hopefully they will be able to find/resolve your issue quickly. Looking forward to to more photos once you get her backed out of the shop. 

Matt's Heavy Duty Mobile Diagnostics in Sellersville, PA came out this afternoon.  Tech (Cole) did a good job sifting through.  Scanner immediately showed no power to the EECU.  He managed to find the EECU power relay in the dash with no fuse/relay diagram, and found spread connectors for the related fuse. Truck is up and running! I think all we have left is to mount and plumb up air tanks and move the battery box as it interferes with the mixer peripherals.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, theakerstwo said:

I almost bought one of them a few years back because it was so cheap and it was a trash truck.I was thinking of putting a dump bed on it but i said no because of all the glass up front and a dump truck would not work out to good.

Whats wrong with glass and a dump truck?

We're a small concrete delivery company, so this truck will be operated in a 15 mile radius. Tons of residential deliveries, backing into driveways, around houses, etc.  The maneuverability is going to be insane on this truck.  Short footprint has me a little worried about stability on a full load, but we'll just have to watch what we're doing a little more closely.

• Like 1

It's going to be a volumetric mixer, not a barrel.  Mixer holds sand/stone/cement/water/admixtures in different compartments then siphons them off as needed to make concrete. It all drops onto that auger on the back where it's mixed into concrete.  Perks are maximum working time (concrete isn't mixing in transit) and (if your driver knows what he's doing) control over every aspect of your concrete. Slump, sand/stone ratios (sometimes we show up and the customer needs us to cut back on the stone and bump the sand up to do an overlay on existing concrete).  We got our first one of these trucks in 1967.

Educate.jpg

• Like 1

This brand (CemenTech) is in Iowa, and the bulk of their sales must be in parts of the country where you have a mile to make your turn because they need 168" back of cab to center of tandem.  In the suburbs of Philly that's borderline impossible to get into people's driveways, let alone into their back yards! Hence the MR setup for this mixer.

13 hours ago, theakerstwo said:

I almost bought one of them a few years back because it was so cheap and it was a trash truck.I was thinking of putting a dump bed on it but i said no because of all the glass up front and a dump truck would not work out to good.

Biggest problem i see with one of the trucks for a dump truck would be over weight on the steer axle.  and you need a longer wheelbase for bridge laws.   terry:MackLogo:

28 minutes ago, terry said:

Biggest problem i see with one of the trucks for a dump truck would be over weight on the steer axle.  and you need a longer wheelbase for bridge laws.   terry:MackLogo:

In PA if you're registered for 73,280 they don't care what your wheelbase is.  This truck will be 73280 on a 195" wheelbase, intrastate only.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Whats wrong with glass and a dump truck?

We're a small concrete delivery company, so this truck will be operated in a 15 mile radius. Tons of residential deliveries, backing into driveways, around houses, etc.  The maneuverability is going to be insane on this truck.  Short footprint has me a little worried about stability on a full load, but we'll just have to watch what we're doing a little more closely.

Glass problems with a dump truck is they get broken often and i think the price on the glass would be much higher.Plus its so big and going to catch more rocks.

glenn akers

57 minutes ago, JoeH said:

In PA if you're registered for 73,280 they don't care what your wheelbase is.  This truck will be 73280 on a 195" wheelbase, intrastate only.

Good luck axling 73280 if you go on any Interstate hiway.  They throw that part in there and then it often turns into the cop's interpretation of what's what. 20000 on that trucks' steer ???  I don't see much problem and taking weight off the steer with the lift axle ?  I don't see much trouble with that either.  I think you have a winner there for what you're using it for.

• Like 1