Superliner Magnum #1?

yup. if the pusher axle is not at least 9 foot away from steering axle center line to center line, it is not considered an axle by nu yawk bridge nazi's.

and they do not acknowledged manufactures weight specs either. 

my T880 is listed as 86,000 GVW.  the bridge cops say my triaxle is only a tandem because the pusher axle is only 8.5 foot center to center of the steering axle.  i can only carry 11.5 ton for a total weight of 53,000 lbs and that Kenworth does no know what they are talking about. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

3 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

yup. if the pusher axle is not at least 9 foot away from steering axle center line to center line, it is not considered an axle by nu yawk bridge nazi's.

and they do not acknowledged manufactures weight specs either. 

my T880 is listed as 86,000 GVW.  the bridge cops say my triaxle is only a tandem because the pusher axle is only 8.5 foot center to center of the steering axle.  i can only carry 11.5 ton for a total weight of 53,000 lbs and that Kenworth does no know what they are talking about. 

You need a 268" wheelbase to get a decent permit on a tri-axle 

1 hour ago, Mark T said:

You need a 268" wheelbase to get a decent permit on a tri-axle 

nu yawk MTA bridge authority has their own silly laws.
i have 275 wheelbase(i think it is) and still am only legal for 11.5 ton. 

anywhere else in New York, Penn, Connecticut, or New Jersey i am legal 21.5 ton. 

but nu yawk city, NOPE 11.5 ton.

and if i have the three axle trailer out back i am legal for 80,000 lbs anywhere but in the city. 
in city i am still only allowed 53,000 with the trailer. 

they do not recognize the manufacturers 25 ton weight rating of the trailer either. they say it is only good for 10 ton.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, phildirt said:

67Rmodel- If you are seriously interested in knowing the history of this as the 1st Magnum send me a PM and I will give you my phone contact information and you can call and get the rest of the story,

Thank you but no. I guess I was just wondering if there was any way to tell based on the serial number if it was the first magnum produced. The way I understand it is the "Magnum" was a paintjob, pinstripe, and a different interior so its not like this truck would be a RW7xx - 1001. Thank you for the offer but I was just typing what my mind was thinking and that's really all I want to invest into this one lol.

That is an interesting question because Mack Australia made the 16 Superliner Bicentennials for the 1988 Australian 200 yrs history/celebrations, I wonder if Mack gave those 16 Superliners special serial / frame numbers, given that Mack was building lets say standard Superliners at the same time over the extended period it built the Bicentennials.

Anyone seriously interested purchasing the magnum you can reach out to me personally for any information/ documentation that you may need regarding it being the first one off of the production line. Or anything else you need to know about it. I have folders of receipts as well from Mack for engine rebuild, new transmission and anything else that has been rebuilt or replaced.  Currently still doing minor things to truck before it sells. Not happy about selling or in a big hurry but put alot more money into it than I planned on .Daniel 

• Like 2

Daniel Gulick