Superliner Magnum #1?

Somebody just sent me this. What do you all think? Here's the add:

Say Hello to the very very first E9, V8 Magnum Ever Made in 1985!
#1 of only 186 off the MACK SUPERLINER production line. Exclusively offered at $158,000.00

I am only considering serious people regarding this truck. The only form of communication regarding the E9 will be by calling 973-886-3020,

Look forward to speaking with you.
Thank You, Jay Trevorrow
IRONMARTONLINE
Heavy Equipment sales and Marketing

And some of the comments, LOL:
Comments online:

Brock Flahart
The bumper, speedometer, sleeper, shody frame stretch job, rears and suspension all say its unoriginal...... 🤷‍♂️ it may be the first magnum of 186.... but one thing's for sure... this poor truck has been hacked apart and put back together with whatever parts were around.

Levi Schafer
That frame is craptastic ! There's no God Damn way anyone in their right mind would pay half that for a hacked up shit box. Damn shame a good truck was destroyed by ignorant hands.

Dexter Montgomery
This thing is so fake I’m curious if the engine is even there?

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (6).jpg

I'm no genious, but the back half doesnt look like Mack to me...  and if the shift knob represents the tranny..  it's too new to be in that truck. the frame splice looks nice but there are no pics of the inside of the frame rail's...  Parade truck???  jojo

12 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I'm no genious, but the back half doesnt look like Mack to me...  and if the shift knob represents the tranny..  it's too new to be in that truck. the frame splice looks nice but there are no pics of the inside of the frame rail's...  Parade truck???  jojo

"looks nice" ????   it looks like someone who has no welder or access to one (lol)  let alone it's a different size rail .  I'm pretty sure no one in their right mind would put an inspection sticker on that. 

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

The entire frame looks undersized

There are several recent posts on here by the current owner.  First looking for a superliner to buy, then a few weeks later posting that he bought this.  Then looking for parts to make it original again.  Within only a couple weeks of that a friend sent me the ad from facebook.

Doesn't make a lot of sense being so desperate for one, buying this and almost immediately abandoning it to ask crazy money for it.

It could be a priceless truck, but not without a lot of money and time to make it right.

But hey, price has dropped $7k in 2 months, it must be on sale :P

• Like 1

I looked at it and thought to myself...."that would make a good parts truck for someone with a good Superliner chassis."

Maybe that's what happened Hans......somebody bought it with big dreams of going trucking and couldn't get it safetied to plate it.

• Like 1

Plain and simple: There's a lot more wrong with that truck than there is right with that truck.

Maybe it is #1 and maybe it isn't but in it's current condition it is little more than a hack restoration which shouldn't bring any more than current value of any other E9 Superdog.

6 hours ago, mowerman said:

The entire frame looks undersized

I dunno, the front half would be original I would imagine, the back half is a deeper section

I reckon I could fix it and none of you  lot here would even be able to tell

To me it isnt really right to can someone else's item there trying to sell, thats between the seller and the buyer and no body elses business 

I have asked before what the need to have ridiculous long wheel bases are in the US and have never had a proper answer, I  think 99% of it is just looks but I  dunno 

It is very clean from what we can see, cant really comment on the rest of the truck with out seeing it in the flesh,but thats a heck of a price for a E9 Superliner even by Australian standards 

Paul

Edited by mrsmackpaul