Spectacular R model up for auction

Probably. Seems like Econodyne badge pointed to economy which at a certain time became more prevailing tendency than maximum power Maxidyne name reflected. We do understand any brand or a trade mark is a marketing thing nowadays.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

10 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

It can be a Econodyne and a Maxidyne at the same time cant it ?

I always thought this was the case. I think the trucks with maxidynes that have the econodyne badge on the hood are governed at 1750 rpm. From the beginning the maxidynes were 2100 rpm engines. Somewhere along the line some of them were governed at 1750rpm to save fuel and reduce driver fatigue by cruising at 1750 instead of 2100. My 1994 RD690 has a fully mechanical EM7-250 under the hood but it is governed at 1750rpm. It has a silver bulldog on the hood and no econodyne badging though. 

• Like 2

On 8/17/2021 at 6:11 AM, 67RModel said:

I always thought this was the case. I think the trucks with maxidynes that have the econodyne badge on the hood are governed at 1750 rpm. From the beginning the maxidynes were 2100 rpm engines. Somewhere along the line some of them were governed at 1750rpm to save fuel and reduce driver fatigue by cruising at 1750 instead of 2100. My 1994 RD690 has a fully mechanical EM7-250 under the hood but it is governed at 1750rpm. It has a silver bulldog on the hood and no econodyne badging though. 

This truck for sale says operating range from 12-2100.  Econodyne on hood, says it’s 300 maxidyne engine?? Gold dogs

4 minutes ago, Jeff M said:

I drove up to see this today, took a bunch of pics and have apparently deleted them by mistake, grrrrrrr.  At any rate, I'm very sure the mileage shown on the odo is original.  The clutch pedal rubber shows slight wear but is not new, so that would make it original to the truck.  The drive tires are Michelin M+S's, about half worn out, so my guess is that they too are original.  There is, however, no sign of any weather cracking.  The steer Michelins appear to be newer, again with no weather cracking.  I can't explain the paint wear on the shift lever; perhaps one of the assigned drivers had extra long fingernails or something, who knows.  Aside from that, the truck looks completely original.  It does not have an air ride cab, and the possible bubbling at the bottom of one of the doors isn't there.  The red paint is slightly faded on the front of the hood and on the headlight surrounds, that's all.  This thing is a rare, original condition beauty.  If someone on this forum buys it (you can bid online) I hereby volunteer to drive it to you anywhere in the country at no charge (I have over 4 million safe driving miles).  

Thanks for analyzing it for us! 

I remember what only seems like yesterday a similar style of R model and semi tipper advertised and all the tyre kickers came out

I think by memory it had maybe 25000 miles from new

It was a lot of coin but these things just dont come up very often and never in Australia 

Paul

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jeff M said:

Well well well, I found my lost pics.  Let's see if this works...     https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y0p89Nj

Thanks for sharing. Great reference pics for my resto project. You can seldom see an untouched truck.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 8/18/2021 at 4:04 PM, Jeff M said:

I drove up to see this today, took a bunch of pics and have apparently deleted them by mistake, grrrrrrr.  At any rate, I'm very sure the mileage shown on the odo is original.  The clutch pedal rubber shows slight wear but is not new, so that would make it original to the truck.  The drive tires are Michelin M+S's, about half worn out, so my guess is that they too are original.  There is, however, no sign of any weather cracking.  The steer Michelins appear to be newer, again with no weather cracking.   I'd attribute this to constant inside storage.   I can't explain the paint wear on the shift lever; perhaps one of the assigned drivers had extra long fingernails or something, who knows.  Aside from that, the truck looks completely original.  It does not have an air ride cab, and the possible bubbling at the bottom of one of the doors isn't there.  The red paint is slightly faded on the front of the hood and on the headlight surrounds, that's all.  This thing is a rare, original condition beauty.  If someone on this forum buys it (you can bid online) I hereby volunteer to drive it to you anywhere in the country at no charge (I have over 4 million safe driving miles).  

I may just take you up on that offer. Hopefully a/c works for you. 

7 minutes ago, Jeff M said:

No, I'm afraid I didn't.  

I love the truck, if I had ordered it I would’ve specked some things differently. It’s a long ways to MS. but I feel like it will be too high priced for me. It was just at 7,500 last time I looked on proxi bid. Thanks again 

2 hours ago, 1965 said:

I love the truck, if I had ordered it I would’ve specked some things differently. It’s a long ways to MS. but I feel like it will be too high priced for me. It was just at 7,500 last time I looked on proxi bid. Thanks again 

Dont by shy

It's a lot closer to you than it is to me, go hard, show no mercy 

I thought you Americans were the land of the brave or some such thing lol

Paul

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 5:15 AM, tjc transport said:

I doubt very much the speedometer has been altered. These volunteer fire trucks get very little use and ofter have under 500 miles per year use..especially the tankers and aerial ladder trucks.

We sold a gmc 9500 "crackerbox" ladder truck that was 30 years old and only had 11,000 miles on it.

The 80 C750 ford tractor only has 6,000 miles on it when sold in 2005

Haha got this out of a Oakland California fire engine a friend of mind parted out ….it has 111,000 I still think that truck has more miles than what it says my guess is they might of bought it from another owner maybe picked it up pretty right and generally fire equipment has a lot more of their own personality’s who knows truck is still gorgeous… bob