H Model Restoration

you know,,,i believe the F model,was the same way....i used to own one ,but that was 36 years ago....cant quite remember.....also pretty wore out pedal...but running a quad box back then,with no power,,,,especially running alot of hills,,,,they did get alot of abuse..ive seen a lot of them,,real thin..bob

1 hour ago, Brocky said:

Yes Paul, That is another Yank term for the hand trailer application valve on the steering column.

Again another of the Yank vs Aussie variance in names for stuff that I touched on in another post!!

I've never heard it called a "trolley valve" before. Around here it is always called the "spike". 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo my god,,,,i havent seen one of those in years,,,as a kid,there was still quite a few of them around.......painting always makes you feel good,its like your own personal pat on the back,for all your preparation efforts...excellent.bob

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mowerman said:

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo my god,,,,i havent seen one of those in years,,,as a kid,there was still quite a few of them around.......painting always makes you feel good,its like your own personal pat on the back,for all your preparation efforts...excellent.bob

When I was a kid back in the 70's my dad's drivers would wire up the wig-wag so it wouldn't bother them, I would get in the trucks in the afternoon and take the wires off. They were probably pissed at me!! It's funny how your perspective changes from when you're young to when you've been around a while.

When I got the wig wag for my truck, it too was a bit rusty.  I sanded it and masked the top off and painted the lower half red.  Then I fogged a quick coat of black to it.  Then using a flat block I lightly sanded the black off leaving the black in the letters.  Looks perfect "patina".

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"