My Covid experience.

Joey Mack

Joey Mack hope you pull out of this soon. You may have seen a while back that my wife and I both got it the second week of December. I had fevers, aches/pains/chills and the mud squirts for less than 36 hours and then poof.....all gone like I never had it, I swear I felt FINE. Then four days later I lost all sense of taste and smell. The wife got her ass kicked- she had all the symptoms I had plus a hacky cough and she slept for 18-20 hours a day for the first 8-9 days. She also lost her taste and smell and we both got it back between Xmas and New Years. And if any of the kids had it, they didn't show any symptoms. When we both tested positive the school said "keep em home and switch to virtual (our district was offering both.) 

This disease is very strange it how differently it can affect people. 

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

So true... my first 2 days were rough, then I was better, so I worked in my shop to earn some $$. well...... then all hell broke loose. I have been in so much pain for the last 8 days and sometimes feel like i will never get better, I have all of my senses, but am weak as hell, and getting frustrated too.. I am glad that all of you are good now, I feel i will be mucj better by monday.. I have slept a bit better lately. Thank you very much, Joey

Well, no good at all

Do what your meant to do and with any luck you'll be up and running quick enough

Funny (not ha ha funny but strange funny) that in countries like Australia and NewZealand were we just got locked down at the start with no argument it is a battle to find anyone that even knows of anyone that has had it 

Might be to late in the U.S. now for this as the horse has well and truly bolted

Get well Joey and kiss Mack as he is now healthier than your wife lol

Seeya

Paul

• Like 1

Thank you Paul...I have been interested in folks from around the world..  I'm glad you are safe.  As far as Mack go's,  I guess he's my little "Red Dog".... I saw half of that movie, before I fell asleep, 2 nights ago... jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
More content needed
  • Haha 1

Hope you're feeling good as new soon Joey.

And as for losing bad habits, I used to smoke until I got sick about 5 or 6 years ago. I don't know what I had, just the flu I guess, but I was sick for a week or week and a half, too weak to walk across the room. 

I didn't smoke when I was sick because I just didn't want a cigarette, and when I got well I just never started again. And even now sometimes I'll think I'd like to burn one, but when I see that 6 or 7 dollars a pack I get over those thoughts real quick- I remember when a carton was 3 or 4 dollars!

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

6 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

My last 2 habits, are overeating, and alcohol.. so far i have eased up a ton.. I wish my wife would quit cigs..

I still tend to over eat sometimes...ok, a lot of times!..and, uhhh...I'm, uh, having my second vanilla coke with some vanilla Jim Beam now. Just got home around noon today-not that that has anything to do with anything.🤣

• Haha 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Joey Mack I see you are in Salisbury NC......My pop and I know the fire chief Bob Parnell there very well. We both used to work for Jevic and when Jevic had a terminal down there (later moved to Concord) we got to know him well after a few haz mat spills in the yard and on the dock. I had a job offer there about 25 years ago for the Fire Department, but my b tch first wife (who told me she would go anywhere with me for a career fire department job) wouldn't cut the apron strings from her mother. I am still pissed to this day about it but then again that was the beginning of the end of her and I wouldn't have met SWMBO. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Fire fighters in this area are highly rspected, as they should be..  it is a tight communuty and one that im glad im in the midst of in case I ever  neede help.. Thank you sir.. jojo

• Like 1

Well I slept really good last night and woke with almost no pain.. I hope this is the end of this horrible virus.. I cant wait to get back in my shop and get my engines built..  I am very greatfull for all of the support from my BMT buds...  I have smiled many times because of you... Thank you all so much! Joey Mack..

• Like 2