My Covid experience.

Joey Mack

Well never mind not unusual wife said I have a memory like a fly,,,,, she was sick for a couple of weeks... had a fever 12 days ... funny I was here most of the time and I didn’t remember that long...: was too busy enjoying the 2 weeks off I guess lol.. bob

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again.. I came back to this to ask a question...... Who else, who has had a painful case of Covid that lasted over 2 weeks, has had issues with, Daily fatigue, dizzyness, and lack of patience, or even a short temper?  Basically, I'm pissed because I have a lot to do, and I'm still weak after a few hours of work, some of my dizzy spells are strong, where the whole room spins. I was picking up parts today and WAS going to do some repairs. It was all I could do to get home without going off the edge of the road at times... I wasn't gong to wreck, but my judgement was poor.. I made an appointment for Monday.. Any input would be appreciated... Joey Mack

i only know of one person that allegedly had corona. 

he tested positive for corona, so they treated him for corona for three weeks before realizing he had a stroke. 

that was almost 10 months ago, and he just is starting to talk and feed himself again. still cant walk though. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Ok... well in my case that didn't happen, however,  there is! something different about me. I really do feel I will get over it, but, I'm trying to go to WORK, but when I try, I can't handle it...  I'm going to be 52 a month from tomorrow, I feel I'm too you young to be this F'd up...  I have 12+ people that count on me regurlarly, plus another dozen of occasional folks that need me.  I guess I'm looking for insight.... Thank you all for answering..  Jojo

I'm trying... but it's tough.. pisses me off...   I'm stronger than this, or so I thought... This is another way China will weaken us, in addition to having their friend in our capitol...   Anyway... I need to get out there and kick ass at work. and I can't right now... Dammit!!!!!!!!

it takes time. 

when i had the heart valve repair ,i was back at work in 4 weeks. 

10 years later the knee took three months. 

3 years later the shoulder rebuild had me down for 6 months, and it still is not 100% 4 years later. 

i am fighting a sinus infection for 4 months now. 

10 years ago the same sinus infection was a two week deal. 

pushing 65 my body lets me know real fast when i am going to try something i should no longer be doing. 

your body knows what you can and can not do. listen to it. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Thank you TJC... I get it... It still pisses me off...  I'm GOOD...  just Pissy....  I am backed up on work and my phone rings every other day and I dont want to say NO.  but I cant handle the work load,,, dammit!! Jojo

Unfortunatley, Paul.  In our country, Politics and power are more important than our health.. We have literally made our school children dumber!.. using the China virus as a tool, And because our Lib's play the race card, we wont be able to recover. So what our Gov. did was... try to make ALL kids stupid, so they can lower the Education Bar, to accomadate the Non whites in our country, to "So Called" "Level the playing field". All the while, China is!!! becoming a "Super Power"..  against us. (The U.S.) My point is...  Biden is allowing us to be "Overcome" by China...  I'm truly glad that you're country is not part of this BS! ya'll are blessed... Please forgive me if I am out of line... jojo

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Who else, who has had a painful case of Covid that lasted over 2 weeks, has had issues with, Daily fatigue, dizzyness, and lack of patience, or even a short temper?  

SWMBO had issues with her mood* and short-term memory for about 2-3 weeks after recovering from the initial symptoms. She also had shortness of breath after mild activity (carry a load of laundry up the stairs she would get winded and have to sit down) for about 4-6 week.

*even more so that normal but shhhhhhh dont tell her I said that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I have not had it, but I understand your work situation.  Remember, you just went through a serious bout of this mostly unknown virus.  In my 31 years as an EMT, I have seen LOTS of sick people.  I know it's not what you want to hear, but I think you are still in a "not yet recovered" status and should probably not try to do too much.  Give it another week or so.

• Like 1

thank you Dave... I agree with you.  it just sucks...  I have managed to keep $$ coming in but I hate being weak...   Anyway, thanks again, I really appreciate you... Hope to meet you someday. Jojo

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Thank you TJC... I get it... It still pisses me off...  I'm GOOD...  just Pissy....  I am backed up on work and my phone rings every other day and I dont want to say NO.  but I cant handle the work load,,, dammit!! Jojo

i hear you on that!!

it seems every day here more poo hits the fan, and each shovel full is making a bigger SPLAT!!

no matter what i try to do things just back up more. 

i have been trying to hire a new driver and two laborers for over a year now. no one wants to work because they make more on unemployment with the addons, and the ones that do show up want a brand new truck, 35-40 per hour and 8 hours pay but only work 5-6 hours. 

14 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Hello again.. I came back to this to ask a question...... Who else, who has had a painful case of Covid that lasted over 2 weeks, has had issues with, Daily fatigue, dizziness, and lack of patience, or even a short temper?  Basically, I'm pissed because I have a lot to do, and I'm still weak after a few hours of work, some of my dizzy spells are strong, where the whole room spins. I was picking up parts today and WAS going to do some repairs. It was all I could do to get home without going off the edge of the road at times... I wasn't gong to wreck, but my judgement was poor.. I made an appointment for Monday.. Any input would be appreciated... Joey Mack

Haven't had covid yet So  I wouldn't be able to tell if I had it with the symptoms you describe Aside from the dizzy spells ! I have had most all of those symptoms for the last 20 years ! However  be patient Bro All things take Time !For Me Tired and grumpy is the norm It is a natural occurrence when you work for a living I think! And some Times a Tough thing to push through! Just Keep pushing!

17 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

i hear you on that!!

it seems every day here more poo hits the fan, and each shovel full is making a bigger SPLAT!!

no matter what i try to do things just back up more. 

i have been trying to hire a new driver and two laborer's for over a year now. no one wants to work because they make more on unemployment with the addons, and the ones that do show up want a brand new truck, 35-40 per hour and 8 hours pay but only work 5-6 hours. 

Shit ! I my country that's been going on for Years The generation of Wimps is here ,get used to it! everyone wants to sit on there duffs and play video games!  lazy shits! no motivation ! How ever they would end up wore out and grumpy just like me , So who is the smart one ? Guess its not me! 

Don’t even get me started ha ha as far as the Covid goes me and the wife both had it but both of us got real stupid afterwards and short winded no I can just get up off my chair  I’m I Huffing and puffing like I walked a mile.... That part of it doesn’t seem to go away especially the brain cells...bob

I remember you telling me (here) that you both had it... So your still having side affects? How long has it been, I forgot.?  I'm going to the doctor Monday morning to talk about it... My dizzy spells can be strong, to where I get cross eyed. It sucks when I'm driving. I have pulled into a parking lot and just waited it out, just a minute or two. thanks again, Jojo

10 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I remember you telling me (here) that you both had it... So your still having side affects? How long has it been, I forgot.?  I'm going to the doctor Monday morning to talk about it... My dizzy spells can be strong, to where I get cross eyed. It sucks when I'm driving. I have pulled into a parking lot and just waited it out, just a minute or two. thanks again, Jojo

Don't know if there is any connection, but could the dizzyness be a inner ear problem, i have had that dizzyness before myself.   terry:MackLogo: