One more road trip and a new purchase - Cruiseliner

39 minutes ago, steve s. said:

Thanks for taking us along on your trip Vlad.  Enjoyed you pictures and story. Nice truck. Cruiseliners are not seen too often in my area of Pennsylvania. Yours looks to have a very nice floor. hopefully the rest of the cab is good and solid. I especially like the picture of the Pobeda. I have a Polish version, the Warszawa. Both are very rare in the USA. Steve

You're welcome Steve.

The floor is quite good and doesn't show any corrosion by the first observation. i sure will clean the dust off it and look more detailingly but it's shape seems promising. Some outer panels have bents and I would swap them by aluminium sheet since the most of the panels are straight cuttings. There's also a mess of rivets so better to install new ones instead of aftermarket spots. Of difficulties there's a lower part of the windscreen opening which has multiple cracks but I found out it's fiberglass so could be repaired. And the windscreens themself is one of the 1st points in the fixing list. I'm afraid I will need to bring the truck or the cab to a glass shop for fabricating well fitted windscreens. And this means I should fix the opening first. Unfortunately all that is not a deal of the day since plenty of current affair already take place.

Interesting you have Warszavwa. They're pretty rare here, I just can remember one or two owned by people. Pobeda's are pretty common, just seldom seen on a road.

Edited by Vladislav

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

19 minutes ago, j hancock said:

WoW!

WoW! 

Excellent journey and adventure!

Have a 1976 Mack Cruiser brochure and it shows the frame measurement of 10.5" X .25" steel.

From what I saw it's thicker. Going to grab a caliper and get precision figures.

1200 miles for a truck?  Sure why not?  LOL!!  You could have your own "Roadkill" show.  Just the issues with finding bridges over rivers has the US "Roadkill" show beat all around.

Fantastic story Vlad.  Thanks for sharing.  The pictures are awesome and really give us a feel for what it is like traveling in Russia.

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

3 hours ago, j hancock said:

Just found a listing for an optional frame for a WS700LS using 10.5" X .375".  

Good point Jim. And right in time. I measured the rail and it's 3/8 x 10.4". The 2nd figure is not absolutely accurate so it seems as the option. The truck is WS785LS.

Edited by Vladislav

2 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

From the 1982 second generation (Macungie production) Cruise-Liner brochure, this is my favorite photograph.

CCI_000002.jpg

Great looking truck and I like the paint scheme.

Any ideas on what the torpedo marker lights on Cruiseliner are? Some special style with the tail part hanging in the air. Never saw anything like that on other Macks nor another branded trucks.

1 hour ago, Vladislav said:

Any ideas on what the torpedo marker lights on Cruiseliner are? Some special style with the tail part hanging in the air. Never saw anything like that on other Macks nor another branded trucks.

As I recall, 38MO363RP3 for R/U/DM was supplied buy Signal Stat, which was acquired by Truck-Lite. The bottom has a slight curve to match the cab contour.

(The short version in the middle of an R/U/DM, ahead of the roof vent, was 38MO362RP3)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Semi-Truck-Bullet-Marker-Lamp-PAI-FLR-4302-Ref-Mack-8154-51631771-38MO363-/253996119453

I can't remember if the Cruise-Liner's "bullet" lamps had a flat bottom or not.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

As I recall, 38MO363RP3 for R/U/DM was supplied buy Signal Stat, which was acquired by Truck-Lite. The bottom has a slight curve to match the cab contour.

(The short version in the middle of an R/U/DM, ahead of the roof vent, was 38MO362RP3)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Semi-Truck-Bullet-Marker-Lamp-PAI-FLR-4302-Ref-Mack-8154-51631771-38MO363-/253996119453

I can't remember if the Cruise-Liner's "bullet" lamps had a flat bottom or not.

I already bought a set of KD-516 (or so) from Truck-Lite to install on the R and also another set without the short light for MH. But Cruiseliners had something different from the factory. If you look at the pics and also the brochure photo of green cab you posted above those lights have mounting area at the front only and the most of their body length is "flying in the air". I don't remember seeing such ones for sale or installed on other trucks.

My new purchase has marker lights which look as Kenworth W900 fender turn light and I noted similar setup on other Cruiseliners. But those "flying torpedo's" are definitely a special and attractive thing.

003.thumb.JPG.e26768db66094eb4a7a9d7576f005107.crop.jpg

gallery_2962_944_612348.crop.jpg

20 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

I already bought a set of KD-516 (or so) from Truck-Lite to install on the R and also another set without the short light for MH. But Cruiseliners had something different from the factory. If you look at the pics and also the brochure photo of green cab you posted above those lights have mounting area at the front only and the most of their body length is "flying in the air". I don't remember seeing such ones for sale or installed on other trucks.

My new purchase has marker lights which look as Kenworth W900 fender turn light and I noted similar setup on other Cruiseliners. But those "flying torpedo's" are definitely a special and attractive thing.

You're right Vlad....my mistake. Those were supplied by KD, who was acquired by ATC.

I understand and agree. I still think they were KD though.

https://www.slclighting.com/shop?Collection=Cab Markers

https://www.slclighting.com/product-page/c-m-bullet-chrome-amber-incondesant-long-body

• Like 1

12 hours ago, steve s. said:

hopefully the rest of the cab is good and solid.

Those Riveted (Or I should say Huck Bolted) Cabs, never stood up to Our Road Conditions very Well...!!

Every one I've ever Seen all the Rivets around the Grill holding the engine Tunnel in. Were ALL either Loose & sloppy or had being repaired..

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

23 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Those Riveted (Or I should say Huck Bolted) Cabs, never stood up to Our Road Conditions very Well...!!

Every one I've ever Seen all the Rivets around the Grill holding the engine Tunnel in. Were ALL either Loose & sloppy or had being repaired..

Which is why to this day I remember the part number for the grille mounting nutzerts........68RU29301P5 (note that's a 5-digit [29301] Mack Western style part number)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike Harbison said:

Looks like a sister to mine,sounds like the same specs too,1078 main,1241 Spicer auxiliary, heavy frame.

Yup, pretty sure.

Also square fuel tanks and the air tanks removed from under the battery boxes and installed on brackets to the chassis. Plenty of minor similarities too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Same here. Both for roads and the rivets :)

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 9:38 AM, kscarbel2 said:

From the 1982 second generation (Macungie production) Cruise-Liner brochure, this is my favorite photograph. Sharp looking truck standing tall. Would like to find that bumper in new condition for my WS

CCI_000002.jpg

Now if your going to promote your truck at least put Alum wheels on it

Edited by ws721
  • Like 2

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

On 7/25/2020 at 2:57 AM, Vladislav said:

Yup, pretty sure.

Also square fuel tanks and the air tanks removed from under the battery boxes and installed on brackets to the chassis. Plenty of minor similarities too.

What's the last 4 numbers of the VIN? Mine is 1022.