One more road trip and a new purchase - Cruiseliner

Fantastic stuff Vlad, Im sure it will be well worth all the effort

It always amazes me how how I read on the forum that in America people wont buy something a few hundred miles away as it's to far to travel yet you and I will travel thousands and thousands of km to what most in the US  would class as rubbish 

Fantastic story looking forward to reading the rest of it

Paul 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

It always amazes me how how I read on the forum that in America people wont buy something a few hundred miles away as it's to far to travel yet you and I will travel thousands and thousands of km to what most in the US  would class as rubbish

Paul, I also thought about that many times but than finally figured the matter. Say a B-model is a very common old truck in the States, at least over East coast area and you don't need to go a hundred km because you can find multiple offers in a radius of 50. And if I look for an old Russian truck such as GAZ-51 or ZIS-157 which are about the same common overhere as a B-model in Pennsilvania I would also go for an example no further than 100km. Macks are extremely rare pearls overhere so the scale of the hunt is different. And my hobby is that exotic as long as I'm here. Once I thought to myself of if I ever live in the States I would import and restore ZIL :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

CMAAC was released in Australia in 1983 as far as I  know, most things get released in Australia a year or two after the US

A bit like the Anthem, theres been one or more out here getting modified and tested but none released for public sale yet 

So to me it is very probable that this is was released with this motor 2V and CMAAC as I believe 2 valve motors were still available 

Fabulous stuff Vlad

Paul 

• Like 1

My other hobbie is Caterpillar crawler tractors and bulldozers

And what is ready for the scrap heap in tthe US is still getting used in Australia 

Even our Mack trucks, even though a lot more plentiful in Australia than Russia we are using them commercially a lot longer than they get used i  the State's 

I think it's the cost to buy them new is great compared to the US so we wear them out a lot further

Paul 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

My other hobbie is Caterpillar crawler tractors and bulldozers

And what is ready for the scrap heap in tthe US is still getting used in Australia 

Even our Mack trucks, even though a lot more plentiful in Australia than Russia we are using them commercially a lot longer than they get used i  the State's 

I think it's the cost to buy them new is great compared to the US so we wear them out a lot further

Paul 

I noted the cost of old Macks selling in Australia is much higher than in the US and also in Europe. Wonder why it is. Might be higher overall cost level for everything but I doubt on that by a matter of today's market globalization.

Great Vlad.  I went 300 miles for a mack last month and that was a little too far. It is in worse shape than you Cruiseliner.  Your English is way better than my Russian so not criticizing but wondering, after the Volga River you said you got “snakes”.  Did you mean shakes like milk shakes or was it something else.  Mike. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, alex g said:

Great story thanks for sharing. That red and white IH in the first set of pics is same paint scheme as a company out of Quebec. I just can't remember name. Possibly was from there originally

Interesting. As long as my R's went to Russia from Quebec I don't see anything impossible for that IH to go the same track. I will ask local folks on more pictures of that truck and possibly someone is familiar with it.

11 hours ago, ws721 said:

Thanks for the story and pics.   Is that cab a full 90 inches?  Looks a bit shorter. Best of luck

Hmm... I'm new to Cruiseliners and newer knew there was anything aside from a daycab and sleeper optins. If the side view gives you that feeling I suppose you're right. I didn't put an info request to the Museum on this truck and doubt will be able to do it soon in current situation. Of what I noted in person the matress in the cab looked too narrow and had its front (direction wise) line stepped to clear up the driver's seat.

7 hours ago, yarnall said:

Great Vlad.  I went 300 miles for a mack last month and that was a little too far. It is in worse shape than you Cruiseliner.  Your English is way better than my Russian so not criticizing but wondering, after the Volga River you said you got “snakes”.  Did you mean shakes like milk shakes or was it something else.  Mike. 

Great point Mike, you catched it! It's written "snakes" indeed. I meant "snacks" to not be hungry. So far I didn't see any place in Russia where snakes are offered as food. Otherwise I wouldn't miss the chance to taste :)

A 300 mile trip sounds like a drive. Anything really interesting or worth to be used as parts?

Thanks for taking us along on your trip Vlad.  Enjoyed you pictures and story. Nice truck. Cruiseliners are not seen too often in my area of Pennsylvania. Yours looks to have a very nice floor. hopefully the rest of the cab is good and solid. I especially like the picture of the Pobeda. I have a Polish version, the Warszawa. Both are very rare in the USA. Steve

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

That is the rarely seen optional 76-inch Cruise-Liner sleeper cab.

Most likely, this is one of a large Cruise-Liner order, requested with used wheels and tires. I remember them all parked in the Howard Sober truck decking yard as if it was yesterday.

Vlad, can you see the frame was lengthened, from prime mover to rigid?

Nope, the frame rails are solid and straight right from the under the cab factory split and almost to the rear end. I checked this out once more just an hour back. I hate frame mods so payed attention to the matter. The rails are no less than 5/16" thick and tall, probably 10.62", didn't measure so far. 

Thank you for posting the brochure scan.