What weight are you running? 

In general you fill tires up to what the door jam stickers say, not necessarily what the tires say.  If you're always running empty on a hobby truck then yeah, cut the camelbacks down to 50-60 psi

They are tube tires.

If you air them down to far you could cause tube creep and shear a valve stem off

If the tires are old I do not air them down, sidewall flex will destroy old tires.

Personally I do not air the tires down, I add air ride seats, air ride cab, air ride suspension or rebuild the springs

21 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

They are tube tires.

If you air them down to far you could cause tube creep and shear a valve stem off

If the tires are old I do not air them down, sidewall flex will destroy old tires.

Personally I do not air the tires down, I add air ride seats, air ride cab, air ride suspension or rebuild the springs

Do you have an idea what would be a minimum pressure for tube type? Mine are 10:00-20. I'll be bobtail most of the time (hobby truck).

50 psi

As long as the tyre wall isnt flexing to much 

If the wall flexes  to much the tube will scuff on the wall and cause the tube to rub thru

A lot of people run 10.00's at 60 - 65 on hobbie type trucks but I think even 50 would be fine 

Paul 

• Like 2

On 6/23/2020 at 1:59 AM, Paul prinzo said:

This is a hobby truck, just wanted to do everything possible to smooth it out, cause you know we have the best roads here in Jersey

Ha-ha-ha:):):)

I posted this below pic a few years ago when asked a question on the same matter.

Dropped the pressure down to 2,5 bar in the rears (don't remember how many psi) and got much happier. But the wheels were 11R24.5 tubeless.

Seliger.SPb.2015_9228_resize.JPG

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 6/24/2020 at 4:21 PM, Vladislav said:

Ha-ha-ha:):):)

I posted this below pic a few years ago when asked a question on the same matter.

Dropped the pressure down to 2,5 bar in the rears (don't remember how many psi) and got much happier. But the wheels were 11R24.5 tubeless.

Rough looking road! 2.5 bar is 36 psi.

18 hours ago, h67st said:

Rough looking road! 2.5 bar is 36 psi.

That trip I covered nearly 40 kilometers of that dirt road. It took me one and a half hour plus a 10 minutes relaxing stop. Rears were inflated to 4 bar/59psi and the truck was really shaky. Fronts were 6bar/88psi. Having that pressure I noted rear tyre's shoulder areas didn't touch pavement when you're on a highway keeping dust on. After home I deflated rears to the pointed above 2.5 bar/37 psi and felt much better with tyres making contact by full width. Was going to drop off more down to 2 bar/ 30 psi but just didn't do that. Cars drive with 2 bars in tyres but car's rim has humps for better sidewall lock and truck whells don't. 

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 6/29/2020 at 3:48 AM, Swishy said:

rule of thumb we use .....  ruffly

half the bar added to the bar x10

2.5 + half x 10

2.5 + 1.25 = 3.75 x 10 = 37.5psi

cya

So yer sayin it's bar x 15

2.5 x 15 = 37.5

Edited by JoeH