I always thought one would be a great tandem dump for doing home deliveries. Be able to get in anywhere.

None in my area, but I have seen them in my old Bulldog magazines set up as tandem dumps.

I just wouldn't want a new Terrapro.....have you seen the exhaust emission controls monstrosities on those things now???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tjc transport said:

mainly because they do not make them anymore.

i have seen a few with  dump bodies. 

I believe they are now called Terrapro. I have seen some as municipal tandem dumps with plows in the NY area. Some have heavy specs and on the export market often converted to dumps too.

I checked em out. Both of them would be quads if I pull the trigger on this deal. They both have 20k fronts, one has 44 rears, the other he claims is like 60k rears. I have not ran a VIN to confirm that, but they are at least 44k, which is plenty. They are 300 and 285hp, one with 7spd, one with straight 5. Obviously camelback rears. They are real heavy spec. Room for two pushers easily. Probably use 18' beds. I am not worried about overloading the front axle. I don't think that would be an issue.

1 hour ago, david wild said:

Because if it ain't got a super long hood that will make your drivers penis bigger than it has to ride rough, drove many cabovers that rode just as good any hood, buy the MR and make some money and don't worry about hood mania.

I was chastised a few days ago for a post that was very similar to your post.

For the record, I agree with your assessment.

• Like 1

I like to tell it like it is, some dudes gotta have a long hood to make up for lacking in the package dept. big joke around here with the big heavy haulers, they run around with the 4th axle down  even with a D5 on, empty trailers with yellow lights and oversize load sign on,  then wonder why no one pays attention to warning lights, we like to play dumb and have the know it all give the big talk on their big load, even had drivers tell us about the big load in the yard and it was ours ??  there is those that do it and them that wanna.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, david wild said:

I like to tell it like it is, some dudes gotta have a long hood to make up for lacking in the package dept. big joke around here with the big heavy haulers, they run around with the 4th axle down  even with a D5 on, empty trailers with yellow lights and oversize load sign on,  then wonder why no one pays attention to warning lights, we like to play dumb and have the know it all give the big talk on their big load, even had drivers tell us about the big load in the yard and it was ours ??  there is those that do it and them that wanna.  

Yea, I like the roll back car haulers with nothing on & lights a flashing. Even if loaded they don’t need them on unless loading or working a wreck. Freaking lights will blind you. We got dump trucks that’s got lights flashing if it’s running unbelievable. Makes people get where they don’t pay attention when they need to.

• Like 2

i like the steering wheel holders in dumb trucks that run with warning light on at all times. 

ahhh dude, torn off the freaking warning lights........oh no, they are on for safety. 

the only time i turn them on is if i am on the shoulder of an active road. otherwise they are off. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..