Covid and truck show season

j hancock

I expect the ATHS national show in Springfield will be either cancelled or postponed this year which is sad as I'm only 68 miles distant. I know the grounds well having worked there in another life although much has changed since.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Here in Australia, our 2 yearly Kyabram Mack Muster (that was to be this weekend 21 & 22 March) and our national 5 yearly Alice Springs (end of Aug 2020) shows have been cancelled and planned for 2021. And most other shows are cancelled also.

So all you guys that have planned to join us at Alice 2020 from USA and Canada, we will miss you.

As of tomorrow at 12 noon all non essential businesses are closed, such as restaurants, hotels (pubs) gaming venues, bars, movie houses, etc and each state is going into border lock downs except for essential businesses.

However, the truck drivers are still going - they keep the country going and feed and supplied with toilet paper (and keeping the arse-holes happy):SMOKIE-RT::thumb:

On 3/21/2020 at 8:47 AM, j hancock said:

Possibly doing some wishful thinking but hopeful that Covid doesn't mess up truck show season too badly.  Our daily routines and business are already in the hopper.

I think we will all be anxious to get out and look around.  Stay safe folks!

Blonde Brockway.JPG

that reminds me, I went to sunny Florida and went to bike week. I'll post all the bike pictures I took.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 1 year later...
On 8/26/2021 at 7:28 AM, Diasilane said:

I am sorry to say but yes. Most probably, truck shows will be canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Really? That's funny......The thread is over a year old, and most (if not all) truck shows in the USA went on this summer without a hitch. Are you possibly a troll or scammer? 

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

lol.....not sure about this new face and yes as you said,,,,i havent heard of anything cancelled,,,everything around here is back to normal,including thier chickenshit masks...i was supposed to be at watts this year but i hate dealing with airlines besides this years was kinda bad timing...the date that is...bob

On 3/21/2020 at 5:47 AM, j hancock said:

Possibly doing some wishful thinking but hopeful that Covid doesn't mess up truck show season too badly.  Our daily routines and business are already in the hopper.

I think we will all be anxious to get out and look around.  Stay safe folks!

Blonde Brockway.JPG

i know this is a very late responce,,,,,,,,but it took me a while to notice the brockway....and i dont think J is coming back...bob