4 Door B Model Pick up 4x4

Any idea on what it has for power and remaining drivetrain?  I like it just the way it is, but... If I did it myself, I would lower it slightly and put slightly smaller wheels and tires on it (still oversized nonetheless, just a little smaller).

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

10 hours ago, General Ike said:

Any idea on what it has for power and remaining drivetrain?  I like it just the way it is, but... If I did it myself, I would lower it slightly and put slightly smaller wheels and tires on it (still oversized nonetheless, just a little smaller).

All based on Military  drive train with multi fuel Cummins. Built by the group in Texas called  Extreme 4x4 I was told.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 hour ago, h67st said:

I think your rear fenders look nicer than those.

The whole custom bed on 66dc75’s is better in my opinion, it looks more period correct while this 4 door has too modern looking a bed... almost looks like it’s off a new Dodge dually with B fenders for extension... I’d like to do something like this myself one day but that’s definitely a few years off! Definitely would like to do a 4 door so I can easily fit 6 in the cab, with a bed like 66dc75’s and a fifth wheel in it for a gooseneck or RV so I can still haul with it if need be! B models just remind me more of pickups or small farm trucks than semis in my opinion...

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

9 hours ago, CaptainCrutch said:

The whole custom bed on 66dc75’s is better in my opinion, it looks more period correct while this 4 door has too modern looking a bed... almost looks like it’s off a new Dodge dually with B fenders for extension... I’d like to do something like this myself one day but that’s definitely a few years off! Definitely would like to do a 4 door so I can easily fit 6 in the cab, with a bed like 66dc75’s and a fifth wheel in it for a gooseneck or RV so I can still haul with it if need be! B models just remind me more of pickups or small farm trucks than semis in my opinion...

Building a stepside bed is not that hard,  I'm not a fan of a fleetside bed after going through the trouble of building the truck from the ground up. That crew cab really is beautiful though, real deep pockets needed for that. I'll bet the paint job alone cost more than I spent on my truck total. 

1 hour ago, 66dc75 said:

Building a stepside bed is not that hard,  I'm not a fan of a fleetside bed after going through the trouble of building the truck from the ground up. That crew cab really is beautiful though, real deep pockets needed for that. I'll bet the paint job alone cost more than I spent on my truck total. 

I think it might be a factory 4 door, that’s what I was told when I was shown this truck and it looks like the same one but without the bed...

E1E20B52-F678-491E-8C6D-F33664CCD0E2.jpeg

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!