Aussie Mack Valueliner

2 hours ago, Ditchdiggerjcf said:

Both of mine are like that. I thought they all were.

I have seen a RB with the extended hood, but not sloped, the valueliners I have seen I think were RL's or RS's, does this one fit in one of them catagories?   terry:MackLogo:

On 2/28/2020 at 9:33 AM, mackdaddy said:

One of the best Macks ever built! A totally different model than the US Valueliner. My friend Mike Osborne giving it a go in Wyoming. It is named the Thunder from Down Under!

VL Mike O black smoke.JPG

Turned up just a little, by the smoke it looks like an inline pump. Worthy of your naming it for sure. What did Mike set it at when he rebuilt the engine?  

Just for curiosity which one has more power, This Valueliner or your KTA Superliner?

That is a Great looking Aussie Transplant Dan! 

Edited by AZB755V8

Some of these Valueliners with sloping hood were produced with the 6 cyl E7 Mack motor with 12 speed Mack gearbox, not many made, some went to a Victorian government department and later sold to private buyers. I have a picture somewhere, when I find it will post here.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2020 at 3:13 PM, harrybarbon said:

Some of these Valueliners with sloping hood were produced with the 6 cyl E7 Mack motor with 12 speed Mack gearbox, not many made, some went to a Victorian government department and later sold to private buyers. I have a picture somewhere, when I find it will post here.

My dad currently has one, and has previously owned another. When you lift the bonnet it is a mechanics dream. There is lots of room. Maybe 12-18 inches between the engine and the firewall. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found this video I had been searching for.

There was also a thread about the Eddy Liner Mack a few years ago. A cross between a Superliner and a Valueliner with a Cat engine.

Were factory Australian Super Liners and Value Liners ever offered with non Mack engines like their US counterparts? Back in my travels in Australia in 91/92 I did see a Cat powered Super Liner but not sure if that was original or not.