Looked at a truck yesterday

Took a ride out of curiosity, I knew the truck didn’t have a title. Not the worst thing in the world, there’s ways to get one. Took a look at the right front frame rail, couldn’t find any tracings of a vin number. Are there any other spots on the frame that could have numbers??

A8FCA19F-49AC-46B3-B77D-4FDE11A68144.jpeg

96D99E87-60F9-453E-BAC1-32EA42B6BDE2.jpeg

224E4499-6F0A-4F61-9AC1-463F5C2988DA.jpeg

1 hour ago, Vladislav said:

Looks like a B-model chassis. The # could be stamped at the rear of a frame rail.

Yes, look back by the rear spring hanger(front axle), behind that brake air line.

Agree looks like B chassis.  Early turbo motor.

Look down by front of accy drive( lower pass side), below that fuel filter.  Should have stampings across the top that says END673T or the like.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

4 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Interesting.  I have never found the frame numbers on my B75 with L cab either.  It did come with the title and VIN plate.

Ok, so that may prove I’m not totally insane, bc I looked like crazy. Any other L cab owners that can chime in??

Owner found the numbers in front of the rear spring hanger but super faint. Stamped B73Txxxx, so it’s a mutt truck. Wants 5k for it. I might be interested at 2500, but they export, so the chances of making a deal are slim. No title and I don’t want to take a gamble with the truck possibly being stolen after the deal is done