Always Up - Autocar Trucks

kscarbel2

17 hours ago, harrybarbon said:

Here is an Aussie right hand drive, Old Yella, all original, Cummins motor, think 250, no turbo, cabin body is straight and mainly surface rust, frame straight and surface rust and from memory it is double rail. Running when parked. He is sitting in an outback yard, dry area, with many - many Doggies to howl with in the still country nights. His best mate, a white Doggie, has been sitting proudly near him for a long time, keeping him company, he too is waiting for a good family to adopt him.

Old Yella is very keen for a new family to adopt him and will give him lots of TLC.

P1010979.JPG

P1010980.JPG

P1010981.JPG

P1010982.JPG

P1010983.JPG

P1010984.JPG

P1010985.JPG

P1010978.JPG

Harry if you ar faur dinkum about old yella needing fresh home send me message and you never know, if the price is agreeable I have travelled from one end of this wide brown labd to the other for a toy much bigger and uglier

Paul

• Like 2

12 hours ago, james j neiweem said:

KS: Glad you landed with a company (Autocar) as good as Mack used to be. Are you in the Picture?

Jim, I am not with Autocar. However, Autocar represents the kind of truckmaker I like, and that category includes the enthusiastic truck people at Ford International (Ford-Otosan), and of course the global benchmark Scania.

5 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

Jim, I am not with Autocar. However, Autocar represents the kind of truckmaker I like, and that category includes the enthusiastic truck people at Ford International (Ford-Otosan), and of course the global benchmark Scania.

Too bad-  you should be-a start up like that should have people on board with history and connections in back of them.  It's one thing to market a new product.  It's another to have people in that organization that have a history that makes it easy for industry people to connect with.  Not everyone likes dealing with "brilliant" newcomers who have no clue and no connection with what that "old logo" means.  

Like Robert Duval said..."I love the smell of naplam in the morning".  I wonder if the marketers at Autocar could pass the sound test?  "Is it a Cummins? Mack ? or Detroit.??

2 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

and of course the global benchmark Scania.

I wonder how long It'll take TRATON  (VW) to kill the Scania Culture????

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

On 12/16/2019 at 12:55 AM, mrsmackpaul said:

That's a hell of a reach on that pump

Or at least to me it is

Paul 

Paul, Not a pump but a conveyor system.  Amazing machine. Ive  used for placing crushed stone on containment dikes.  Two guys-one running loader charging the  hopper and the operator  with a  remote box up  on top of the dike controlling placement.  biggest issue is  you need if my memory serves me right over 20ft of clear area as outriggers telescope  out- And also the daily rate$$$.  but it sure beats a lot of other  methods-cost effective for  the right job. Not sure they are competitive  though with concrete pumps.  You can get pump trucks today that I think can exceed120'-in vertical reach that is-not sure about horizontal reach.

Both however sure beat the old days of a  long stick crane and concrete buckets!