Lucky Me

other dog

OD, I hope your gout is all cleared up now.

I had gout for the first time 3 years ago, got a prescription from the doctor that cleared it up. I looked online and a lot of people recommended taking tart cherry extract pills to keep it away. I've been doing that and so far no gout.

1 hour ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Someone told me once that cherry juice blended with Siberian anti-freeze is pretty good for the gout. 

I've been drinking the heck outa cherry juice, Wal-Mart had pure tart cherry juice, no added sugar or anything, except water. Tastes pretty good too.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

that sure sounds like some rotten luck. it could be worse though. i had a similar hot water heater issue one time but it dripped for so long un noticed it rotted out the sub floor. i had no idea it was leaking till one day i noticed the carpet was damp in a adjacent room under a dresser. sub floors were damaged by the time i noticed the leak and they were damaged under a interior wall. had to not only had to rip out the sub floors but part of a wall to repair the damage. 

the house i own now has a full basement rather than a crawl space. and the utility room with the furnace/hot water heater ect is in the basement on a concrete floor with a floor drain. hot water heater could leak for years with no damage, much better setup. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2018 at 11:21 PM, Hobert62 said:

Can that happen?

Rarely.

Gout pain can be EXTREME.  Gout can be treated with medicine short term and modifications to diet for the long haul.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

13 hours ago, j hancock said:

Rarely.

Gout pain can be EXTREME.  Gout can be treated with medicine short term and modifications to diet for the long haul.

It is extremely extreme, that thing hurts like- well, it is very painful. Still looks like this right now, and it's been two weeks.

DSCN5869.JPG.df5883b0d9b5da12ca7ce80cc867bd0e.JPG

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

It likes to hit the people with legendary meatloaf I'm told?

Gout is bad, bad stuff, sympathy to the foot. My Dad passed away a few weeks ago and the hallmark of his ailments was gout. His legs got bad from diabetes and the poor blood circulation would not clear the purines. Doc said the meds would ruin his kidneys so it was a constant reoccurrence.