almost over

carlotpilot

I didn't even think about it today. It was actually a very good day for me getting a lot accomplished, and a relaxing motorcycle ride in to boot.

Edited by Rob
  • Like 2

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

8 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

funny you mentioned motorcycle`s  i have a guy trying to sell me an 03 harley 100th anv. bike good price and a nice bike but i`m to brittle to get on one now

They always want a bunch of money for those around here. There are several of the black and silver ones around Peoria for sale seemingly all the time.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Friend has 03 Duece blue jean blue in color.  He is collecting sheet metal so he can paint it his way but not mess up the factory stripes that you can't buy.  

My Softail custom was black...now it is Hyundai Blue.  I wanted it a crazy blue pearl but this whole paint job cost me $30!!  Couldn't say no.

IMG_20180412_204421569.jpg

Edited by Freightrain
  • Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I'm still riding the black Royal Star I loaded at your place. Been a really good bike and have done nothing to it. Thinking about replacing it with an Indian Roadmaster this, or next year.

Weather has been wild for certain. 77 on Thursday, 62 yesterday, and 42 right now this morning. Supposed to be about 52 today.

I still have my old "Western Flyer" in the basement, but I'll bet it's tires are flat on the bottom side too.

Pretty certain I'm too damned lazy anymore to pedal that thing anyways.....

• Like 1

I took my Honda out for a ride today. A really good weather and not too cool if you dress warm. First time in this year. But today is already 14th, Friday is gone :)

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

5 hours ago, Freightrain said:

I want an Apple Crate...just can't spend $2500 for it!!

Some inventory from a few years ago.  Always wanted a Cotton Picker for myself.  Just have the Grey Ghost now.

Krates.jpg

• Thanks 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

3 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Some inventory from a few years ago.  Always wanted a Cotton Picker for myself.  Just have the Grey Ghost now.

I remember about 1974, a girl in my 5th grade class got a new Raleigh...it had a 5 speed with the shifter on the top tube, small front wheel, banana seat with sissy bar. All of us boys were jealous--that was the coolest bike we'd ever seen.

I had one of these with 2sp kick back in the mid 60's it was a tough bicycle.  Then twenty four motorcycles through my life, several junkers and several nice ones.

A pic of one fast and one fairly fast 05 barge I owned. Had three wings truthfully the 95 1500 I had was the best one.

Truck Shop

1963-jaguar-mark5.jpg

001.jpg

100_0294.jpg

One ping only

9 hours ago, j hancock said:

Dang Jim....you'd be the MAN!!!

My sister got a brand new Pixy Stik in 1972 from the local bike shop.  She barely rode it, kept it a long time but it's long gone now.   Friend growing up had an Apple crate and it was the COOLEST thing ever(back then).   Now they get stupid money for them.  I wouldn't get picky if I found one priced right, but the sad part is you can't leave it ANYWHERE as it would be gone instantly.  Like if I took it to a truck show or the race track.  Fellow I know has a new Chinese version so it is no loss if it comes up missing.  Paid like $30 at Walmart for it.   Single speed version, but has little front tire and springer front end.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

1 hour ago, hatcity said:

we would make our own "chopper style"

cut the front forks off a junker, slide it over the front forks of the good bike

Used to do that to the boys in the "hood" that had Schwinn bicycles as their forks were very thin and almost all of riders with the "lesser" rides, (including myself) whom rode Western Flyer, Murray, Roadmaster, Huffy, K-Mart, etc. didn't. The cool bike I remember most was the Schwinn "Stingray" with that banana seat and really tall 5 speed shifter that got everybody in the balls at one time or another.....

Edited by Rob
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Truck Shop said:

I had one of these with 2sp kick back in the mid 60's it was a tough bicycle.  Then twenty four motorcycles through my life, several junkers and several nice ones.

A pic of one fast and one fairly fast 05 barge I owned. Had three wings truthfully the 95 1500 I had was the best one.

Truck Shop

1963-jaguar-mark5.jpg

i still have one of these bikes out in the shed, with all tins and lights complete. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..