Anybody ever purchase parts through Jobbersinc out of Philly?

RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN. 

THEY ARE NOT CALLED "ROBBERS INC" FOR NOTHING.

Used to be North American Engines before they were bought out by the current pirates. Turned a reputable decent family operation into what it is now. If you can find your parts elsewhere, do so. 

Edited by 1958 F.W.D.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I have to add there is a well known piston ring supplier that advertises in some mags. I called to get rings and i was told yep i got what you need I will get right on it for you? I gave up after a month and 2 phone calls. Screw them i got what i needed from perfict seal out of las vegas . I told them what sizes i needed and i had them in 3 or 4 days and no surcharge for the small amount i needed.

All I need is ONE sleeve for my 711. This guy at JobbersInc in Philly says he's got one Mack 711 engine "kit" left and he won't break it up. It has, and I quote:

"pistons, sleeves in .012 oversized, outside diameter (not sure what that means), rod bearings, main bearings, thrust washers. Need to locate ringset yet. you could use yours."

I asked about the rings, and he said, "I've got some in another warehouse and I'll throw those in." Wouldn't rings already be a part of a "kit" and not have to be "thrown in?" 

Also, I asked about head gaskets, and he said pretty much the same thing about finding a couple and throwing them in. If he's so adamant about not "breaking up the kit," why aren't rings and head gaskets already a part of it?

He wants $3,950.00 for it all and my spidey senses are going off. What if I buy this stuff and have it shipped only to find some of it (like those rings and gaskets he will "throw in") isn't for a 711?

Edited by Wobblin-Goblin

12 minutes ago, Wobblin-Goblin said:

Well guys, I've had it with the 711. I've spent over a year looking for parts for it and that's it. I'm pulling the plug on it. 

I'm going to re-engine it with a 237. At least I'll be able to find f***ing parts for it.

Your better off IMO. I'm going do the same in my mixer.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Well good luck there a wobblin I would recommend that myself .you know how it is .from time to time somebody has a good used engine to unload. I was thinking of going through mine also just to have everything fresh but it doesn’t really need it so I guess I can forget it ha ha Ha Anymore if they’re not pleasant to deal with I would rather just move on bob