Charlottesville

kscarbel2

The sad truth is that several of our founding fathers took advantage of slavery, and in weighting their accomplishments that horrible sin must be subtracted.

You're such a hypocrite. If you believe so strongly that past sins of others is what you condemn people with currently aren't you stereotyping? Your against that right? We already know from other posts that your not 100% American Indian so if you believe so strongly in condemning all immigrants because of the past shouldn't you lead by example and leave the country? As usual you are so far out la la land no one takes you seriously and by your post earlier in this thread where you said you wouldn't inroduce your self to other bmt members in person at events tells me that you say things  to people that you wouldn't say to someone in person which is called keyboard muscles or a troll. Why don't you do something productive besides simply spouting off hateful, crappy things while hiding behind a keyboard? 

Edited by HeavyGunner
Spelling

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Based on my university history studies, the civil war wasn't just about slavery. The southern aristocracy felt that Washington had grown distant. A "disconnect" had formed between the aristocracy of the north and south (recall it was the aristocracy of 1776 that formed the country). Firmly believing their views were no longer being weighed, the southern states seceded. Now let's bear in mind, from 1776 to 1861, we're only talking 85 years since the country was formed.

Anyway, as Paul would say, it was another time and place, with different attitudes.

I myself take issue with people today who apply year 2017 standards to events that occurred in distant history, and make attempts to cleanse history (ie. vandals destroying a statue of Robert E. Lee).

One can't help but wonder if the vandals now plan to destroy every statue of slave owners Patrick Henry ("Give me liberty or give me death"), Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe and Andrew Jackson? 

And then, they need to get all those history books rewritten in the public schools.

*  Had Virginia not split apart, it would easily be the largest state on the east coast.

Careful you be called a bigot among other names by you know who. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

you said you wouldn't inroduce your self to other bmt members in person at events tells me that you say things  to people that you wouldn't say to someone in person which is called keyboard muscles or a troll. Why don't you do something productive besides simply spouting off hateful, crappy things while hiding behind a keyboard? 

Are you saying I should fear for my safety if I meet some of the BMT members in public?

Nope just repeating what you stated.  Other than you everyone else on here is able to get along, bmt is full of wonderful people from all backgrounds. A person with any self awareness could stop and go hmmm maybe I'm the problem here.  Obviously you don't have the gumption to take your butt chewing your get in public for denouncing vets, and calling everyone a bigot. It doesn't take much of a person to hide behind a keyboard and call names. I've seen many other bmt members show pictures of themselves, even with others they might disagree with politically. You know why? They didn't cower behind their keyboards saying things to each other that they wouldn't in person. Sorry Outbehind who barn, I'll try to quit feeding the troll who always tries to bait people into her silly vortex. 

Careful you be called a bigot among other names by you know who. 

Sir, I have read every post from TeamsterGrrl on this thread, and see nothing that supports your accusations.

She speaks knowledgeably and frankly, as do many others.

This is getting old real fast.

This is not the BMT that I love.

If you're going to continue, I no longer want to be a part of it.

Sir, I have read every post from TeamsterGrrl on this thread, and see nothing that supports your accusations.

She speaks knowledgeably and frankly, as do many others.

This is getting old real fast.

This is not the BMT that I love.

If you're going to continue, I no longer want to be a part of it.

Well it's sad to see that one person on here who has (even in this thread, I.e. "Neo nazi old truckers on here") continually race baited every conversation on here (here meaning other threads) and you're going to continue pretending it didn't/doesn't happen. No one else on hear calls others bigots, old drunks, bible clinging clinkers, racists or denounces our military, so I feel ok where I stand in this conversation so if you want to continue to stand by and protect someone on bmt who acts like that that's your choice my friend. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

This subject is getting a lot of attention. I have to comment on how President Trump is getting the usual liberal BS.    Any time you speak the TRUTH you then are a bigot or a racist.  What the President said about BOTH sides being at fault and having BAD people amongst them, in both groups. That was absolutely correct.  Just look at all the religious civil wars. And even simpler, look at a big football, baseball game or soccer  match. There is a winner and a loser, and a lot of the time the fans ( both sides ) get in a riot and fight.   Some times even the winning teams fans go crazy and start tearing their own city up...        So why is Trump wrong for saying Both sides are at fault??????

Well said bmack. Anytime something truthful is said that doesn't align with the lefties agenda they try and shock and intimidate people out of their opinions by calling them terrible things that they aren't. Look what has happened over the last 5 years or so, the entitled brats who are of voting disagree with you on something and they raise enough trouble on social media that weak, spineless companies are firing people just to appease the entitlelists. 

• Like 1

The search for things MACK brought most of us to this forum.The people who created BMT in their wisdom chose to have sections that were not Mack related to obviously make the forum more engaging.Today those things that are not truck related have brought the most division here and sadly the insults and all that comes with it are being spearheaded by very senior members of this forum on both side of the divide. Please let us think more of the common things that brought us here rather than the ones that divide us.It is normal to hold opposing  views but some of the things written here are just not worthy of any decent human being.

• Like 1

Every American citizen has first amendment rights whether you or I agree with what they are saying or not. While I don't agree with anything the white supremacist/ Nazi people believe, this is still their right to do their march or whatever they were doing and say what they wanted to say, like it or not that's their right just like it would be for me or you. The problem arises when someone tries to stop someone from exercising their first amendment rights.  I don't like cats in my house, so if I get permits and hold a march/rally for "No cats in the house" is it ok for the opposition to show up and throw water bottles of urine at my  group and try to shut us down? Freedom of speech is a right even if you don't like what someone is saying. I despise the white supremacist people but they can have their march one weekend and the opposing group can have their march the next weekend. Problem solved. When you try to shut down one groups beliefs it only makes them stronger. Sorry the girl got killed but if the nazis had their little march and a few hundred people showed up and they did their thing and went home.  No one would even remember it happened . The next weekend the anifta/blm could have their march and all ok. Probably no one would remember it either. I guess some people can't grasp the concept of free speech....

• Like 1

Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't get it.   If a group decides to protest, which is a right, that I don't agree with, let them protest.   They are entitled to their beliefs.  Those who oppose, stay home.   The protesters will go away and life will go on.  Those who disagree can protest another day.

• Like 2

A menacing mob of people with automatic weapons and murder by car are not free speech.

There was machine guns there?

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That's pretty tasteless- A peaceful protester was murdered with that car by a white supremacist.

Moments before that shot was taken, that Challenger was struck on the rear bumper by someone who jumped off the curb as it passed.  It was going slowly when this happened, then rapidly sped up after the hit.  I have seen video of this happening.  The video is not clear enough to determine if the object used was a bat or a stick. 

Note in the above photo that the brake lights are on.  I am NOT convinced that this was an intentional act, but rather a reaction to the person striking his car.  Challengers are not cheap cars and every owner I have ever met treats theirs as their baby. 

A menacing mob of people with automatic weapons and murder by car are not free speech.

Try semi-automatic weapons.  Fully automatic weapons are highly controlled and extremely expensive, requiring a Class 3 Federal Firearms License and an expensive tax stamp to possess one.  Most owners would never take one to such an event.  As for the guns that were present, they would not have been "menacing" to anyone if those other people had never shown up! 

• Like 2

Moments before that shot was taken, that Challenger was struck on the rear bumper by someone who jumped off the curb as it passed.  It was going slowly when this happened, then rapidly sped up after the hit.  I have seen video of this happening.  The video is not clear enough to determine if the object used was a bat or a stick. 

Note in the above photo that the brake lights are on.  I am NOT convinced that this was an intentional act, but rather a reaction to the person striking his car.  Challengers are not cheap cars and every owner I have ever met treats theirs as their baby. 

Try semi-automatic weapons.  Fully automatic weapons are highly controlled and extremely expensive, requiring a Class 3 Federal Firearms License and an expensive tax stamp to possess one.  Most owners would never take one to such an event.  As for the guns that were present, they would not have been "menacing" to anyone if those other people had never shown up! 

The driver also has a history of schizophrenia since early childhood and was off medication as per the DHS spokes woman.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE