Bringing home another dog

Looks decent! Nice  find. Any day  you  bring  home an old  BULLDOG,is a good  day! Congrats  and have fun with  it.  Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Good luck with it and post some photos when it is at it's new home.Looks really good shape!      Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Well, that's ok, at least you were able to save a piece of historical value. With your expertise you'll have it looking like it came from the factory. Thanks for saving it. Like Bob's favorite words " have a swinging time with it". 

Edited by Mike
Misspelling

On 4/29/2017 at 9:26 PM, beatngu said:

Yeah the b61 is looking like a dud with the double frame breaking down so I can use it to repower this truck and have one solid unit. Funny thing is the 42 has a b60 badge on one side of the hood and b61 on the other

That's the B-60½ .

• Like 2

The 6v batteries are junk and I just bought 2 new group 31 batteries for the other truck. Can the 6v starter handle 12v? I did some research and looks like I would have to change the generator, starter solenoid and voltage regulator to do this. Anybody have some insight on this?

are you sure its 6 volt?? only the really early b42's were. by 56 57 they were 12 volt. make sure the 6's aren't hooked together to make 12. . if that's the case, one group 31 will spin that thing over faster than its ever seen, trust me

• Like 2

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

15 minutes ago, beatngu said:

Batteries are wired a little funky, positives are chained together so a negative to the frame and the starter

6 volt series = 12 volts  same amps a single 6 volt

6volt-series.jpg.dffc5e13a14df09f9cf25c6b80943e35.jpg

6 volts parallel =  6 volts double amps

Parallel.jpg.7ea29ecc0a2807896f80abdf6fc78482.jpg

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Okay got it running today, not sure how much clatter to expect from an old flathead but she holds good oil pressure and purrs like a cat. There was a small weep hole shitting fuel out on the fuel pump which a small machine screw plugged quite nicely