Pictures of the Week

other dog

We had an 01' Impala that we had bought for an extra car.  My kids named it the "Business Car".  Bought it with 90K miles, put 40k miles on it over 4 years doing nothing but routine maintenance.  We sold it to a guy I work with, and he's put 30k miles on it and just had to do the trans.  All together a damn good car. 

• Like 2

My first car was a 65 impala 230 straight six with a powerglide slow as hell but I loved that car. Wish it had that hood ornament.

Had an 04 Impala too, real good car keep an eye on the coolant level they almost always need intake gaskets by 100k.

20 hours ago, Mike said:

A friend in high school had a 65 Impala we would have fun in. Had a 396 4 barrel Muncie 4 speed close ratio, 4.56 gears. I sure miss those days. 

Wow! Ma had a '65 two door with a 327 and a powerglide, it was nice, ran great too. I once had a '68 four door Impala with a 283 and powerglide, now that was a large car. It didn't really run what i'd describe as being great, it was a little bit under-powered.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Ya I also had a 62 Anna 65 the 62 was a 4-door 283 Powerglide but the 65 I was a convertible 327 and yes I sure miss those days especially picking up those old beauties for nothing paid 100 and a quarter before I let 62 and 110 for the ragtop can't complain too much though I have a old 2014 Mustang now that I really like but it wasn't very cheap 21000 it was still pretty reasonable for these days.bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

i had a 62 4 door with a 250 six and 3 on the tree. 64 2 door with 409 2 four barrels and 4 speed, 65 2 door 250 six auto, 65 2 door 327 4 speed, 67 2 door 307 auto, 68 2door 307 auto, 69 4 door 350/375HP auto ex NYSP cruiser, and a 71 2dr convertable with 402 and 4 speed. 

and all 8 of those were over a 10 year period. only lost money on one of them, the 62 six cylinder was rear ended by a drunk driver with no license or insurance. paid $50 for it, got $40 over the scales. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

On 3/27/2017 at 10:23 PM, 66dc75 said:

My first car was a 65 impala 230 straight six with a powerglide slow as hell but I loved that car. Wish it had that hood ornament.

Had an 04 Impala too, real good car keep an eye on the coolant level they almost always need intake gaskets by 100k.

Those hood ornaments cost more in the long run than those cars you had. I'd stick with the cars and let the ornaments out before daylight. Most I find don't know how to fix breakfast, cause mom waited on them hand and foot to get the cereal and milk, and everything else. My rant. 

• Like 1

Hey OD......that Saturn had many more miles to go, looks like to me. Many people here in Tennessee drive those every day. They don't worry about someone running into them or stealing it. They were really not out of any money spent, because, most likely it was not theirs to begin with. Now that is the American Way.    

• Like 1

Od, there used to be a great diner on Neville Island called Ginos probably long gone was on Island Ave! I used to go across the Island to get to my job.in   ...McKees Rocks every day! Houston is one of the most humid places on earth! Or maybe help the guy roll his tarps!

On 3/30/2017 at 11:42 AM, Freightrain said:

Mostly because of that WONDERFUL lifetime antifreeze crap.  Get it out and use some green and it won't eat the intake gaskets out of it.  

G/F's 09 Jeep has terrible heat.  Likely clogged heater core because of this red crap they put in.  I wanted to flush and use green, but she bought lifetime warranty on the truck and I don't want to jinx it.  I know they would void it when they do their annual inspection and found green coolant.  So now she has to pay a fortune to have core replaced(I'm not doing it).  She had it flushed a year ago, it helped some.  Still not hot.

That worthless red shit is "lifetime guaranteed".  They just don't tell you how SHORT of a lifetime it has.

Thanks for that bit of info Larry, I might just do that. We have a driver that used to be the service manager at Cardinal Chevrolet in Appomattox and he said the same thing- about the intake gaskets, not the antifreeze- that that was about the only issue with those cars, the intake gaskets.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.