High Dollar Magnum

Back In Black Pulling

Nice Superliner. I hope he gets the $$$ he wants. If prices start going up it can only help all of us that have Superliners and other old iron. Sounds a bit crazy but to do a top rate restoration on these things is a $100K plus proposition.  I know this truck is billed as original and not redone but condition and up keep may warrant a big price. If prices got bigger I would fell a lot better on putting money into this stuff. Condition and desirability is everything and having someone willing to pay for it.  :thumb:

• Like 1

I went and looked at this truck a year ago. The truck was located in heartville  OH. That post is from 14 and he has since sold the truck. Nice guy and it was his Grandfathers truck and it was a peach of a truck.  I think it's now in a museum in Ohio. 

• Like 2

On 12/10/2016 at 4:39 PM, Truck Shop said:

Some people want prices to go up, I don't.  I do it because I like it.  When prices go up to stupid level then the small guy can only afford an AMT plastic model.

Only the 1%er can afford it and look what happened to so called muscle cars. Most of those cars were not that rare, high production numbers. Most weren't

even as fast as people thought they were. No these trucks don't need silly prices they need people who care about them, not some dink sipping wine with

his buddies talking about a truck they never drove or understand. This is a blue collar thing and it should stay that way. IMO

Truck Shop 

The point I was making is that it is good for someone to get good money for a really nice Superliner and maybe break even. If you figure the cost of the truck originally, cost of maintaining it, caring for it, garaging it, etc, the dollar amount far exceeds $120K.  If it was your truck would you sell it for $40-50K and eat the rest?  No, you would try and sell it for what it was worth.

I am into muscle cars too. Bought my first 69 Dodge 440 Six Pac car for $900 when I was in high school, it is long gone... Today it would be $70K in nice condition or maybe $25K in need of restoration. Restoration would cost about $50K so where does that put the value? Same thing for trucks, Running old iron is $5-10K and the prices go up from there.

I totally agree old muscle cars are really not that fast anymore. A new little Turbo or Supercharged something can run circles around that old Dodge.

You have the right to do what you want, play with what you want, be how you want, and be proud of it. Any truck show I go to these days there is a big range of trucks and conditions they are in, I like them all and it is good to see them still around and running even if some are not all that pretty. Then there's the trailer queens and they have their place too. Some have big buck in them, because guys like them that way. I don't think they are restoring them to make money, I know I am not.

I have my truck because I like them, take care of if them, drive them, repair and restore them. If I was doing it for the money I would have stopped long ago. I would like to get something out of them when sold but really doubt  it will come close to the actual money I have in them. Is that driving up prices or just trying to breaking even.

I don't get all the stupid prices, 1%, wine drinking and blue collar innuendo's, you brought up. This is a truck Forum, what does that stuff have to do with guys that like trucks? We all have our walk in life but have a common interest in Old Trucks or we wouldn't be on this Forum. I worked in machine shops for years, I am blue collar, I drink wine, beer, whiskey, I still work everyday and have a ways to go on being a 1%er. 

Just wondering what your point was?

From what you are saying, you what someone else to eat the cost of everything and you pick it up for nothing and call it, I do it because I like it. 

• Like 2

Two years ago I bought my B755 from Dennis over at Old macks. He had just finished a deal on a truck very similar to this one and for around the same amount of money. Truck went to Australia into a truck museum. The time frame fits. I have to wonder if it was the same truck?

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

16 hours ago, AZB755V8 said:

The point I was making is that it is good for someone to get good money for a really nice Superliner and maybe break even. If you figure the cost of the truck originally, cost of maintaining it, caring for it, garaging it, etc, the dollar amount far exceeds $120K.  If it was your truck would you sell it for $40-50K and eat the rest?  No, you would try and sell it for what it was worth.

I am into muscle cars too. Bought my first 69 Dodge 440 Six Pac car for $900 when I was in high school, it is long gone... Today it would be $70K in nice condition or maybe $25K in need of restoration. Restoration would cost about $50K so where does that put the value? Same thing for trucks, Running old iron is $5-10K and the prices go up from there.

I totally agree old muscle cars are really not that fast anymore. A new little Turbo or Supercharged something can run circles around that old Dodge.

You have the right to do what you want, play with what you want, be how you want, and be proud of it. Any truck show I go to these days there is a big range of trucks and conditions they are in, I like them all and it is good to see them still around and running even if some are not all that pretty. Then there's the trailer queens and they have their place too. Some have big buck in them, because guys like them that way. I don't think they are restoring them to make money, I know I am not.

I have my truck because I like them, take care of if them, drive them, repair and restore them. If I was doing it for the money I would have stopped long ago. I would like to get something out of them when sold but really doubt  it will come close to the actual money I have in them. Is that driving up prices or just trying to breaking even.

I don't get all the stupid prices, 1%, wine drinking and blue collar innuendo's, you brought up. This is a truck Forum, what does that stuff have to do with guys that like trucks? We all have our walk in life but have a common interest in Old Trucks or we wouldn't be on this Forum. I worked in machine shops for years, I am blue collar, I drink wine, beer, whiskey, I still work everyday and have a ways to go on being a 1%er. 

Just wondering what your point was?

From what you are saying, you what someone else to eat the cost of everything and you pick it up for nothing and call it, I do it because I like it. 

To further the point, the guys who can spend 100k+ restoring an old truck can make a decision to spend the money or not knowing there is a significant loss when time comes to sell.  On the other hand the guy buying a truck for 5k may not have that luxury, he just puts a few dollars in here and there as he can.   That doesn't make anyone right or wrong, or better, or worse.  I understand that the old truck hobby hasn't evolved enough to be comparable to the muscle car market, but it could.   Either way I hope the buyer and seller of this truck were satisfied,  Andy

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MACKTRUCKS4 said:

Two years ago I bought my B755 from Dennis over at Old macks. He had just finished a deal on a truck very similar to this one and for around the same amount of money. Truck went to Australia into a truck museum. The time frame fits. I have to wonder if it was the same truck?

That is not the same Magnum. The one that went to Australia was Tom Browns. The one off Facebook was John Higginbotham's. Too different Magnums.

I dont really care what anyone does as long as they are having fun is all that really matters 

I am a firm believer that is what all this collecting restoring playing with and working old gear should be all about Im not about to knock someone for paying to have something done nor someone for doing it all them selves or some bloke that enjoys his truck in its work clothes

To me its all about having fun doesnt matter to me if its a bloke in his 80's that has done a paint job with a brush and house paint or a show truck that has $20,000 blown on a paint job its all fun times

It's gunna end up pretty boring if we all end up doing the same thing

Paul 

• Like 2