Bought out a truck shop

Not sure if this is the right discussion board. But anyway, a few months ago, I bought out a truck shop(minus the building). I bought it for the tools and shop equipment, but it turns out that a large amount of parts were included in the selling price. 90% of the parts are for Mack R models and Superliners, with a few B model parts and some other makes. The majority of the parts are new in box, but some are used. The shop had been closed up for a while and was damp, musty and moldy. A bunch of parts suffer from rust or moisture damage. Some of them I know are salvageable. Most of my concern is for internal parts(engine, transmission, axle) and filters. Some of the internal parts have a light coating of rust and the steel canister filters have rust on the rims and the cartridge filters and air filters have been exposed to moisture and mold. So my question is, are the internal parts and filters usable or garbage?

Thanks.

Mark

Filters are relatively cheap, if there were any question at all about them I'd trash them. Last thing I'd want is rust introduced into the fuel, oil, or air.

Unless they are NLA. It will be a PIA, but you should run the PN to see if they are still available.

What are your plans for the parts? Individual sales or just sell the whole lot?

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Not sure yet on the emblems, I've been going through the parts and I come across something new just about every time I look. I know I have some emblems and horn buttons. As for NLA parts or filters, I definitely have a few. I've been running part numbers, checking and trying to cross reference them. I have a lot of OEM Fleetguard filters that don't seem to exist or cross reference.

as for selling the parts, that's my plan. It would probably be easier to sell the whole lot, but I want to go through them to see if there's anything I want. I'm definitely not going to turn someone down if the need something specific. I plan on selling the majority of the Mack parts, as I currently don't own one. Having all these parts, definitely makes it tempting to get one though.

Edited by FarmallMMark

NLA is subjective.  I called Mack the other day to see about a wheel part they ran the part number that was on it, Mack said it crossed to a newer number because the original was NLA, the new number was available as a replacement it would be a different but similar part.  I called BWP gave them the original Mack part number it crossed exactly to one of there parts and is readily available so I crossed that to Euclid which was a direct part cross to the Mack part number and called Mack back and gave them the Euclid number that they had available.

I just wish BWP-NSI would sell to individuals again, it would save so much aggravation when it comes to these situations.  My regular parts guy that orders directly from PAI, BWP and a couple other places for me was on vacation. 

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

8 hours ago, FarmallMMark said:

Found a couple cartons of old Mack truck microfiche cards. These worth anything anymore?

They would certainly be of use to the Mack Trucks Historical Museum. They gladly accept donations, that is how they stay open.

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

4 hours ago, ken 903 said:

Hi mark does your collection have any main and big end bearings for 866 Mack V8 engines 

I have a box of engine bearings I need to go through, but I may have something. Let me check. If you have a part number it might help. Most of them are Clevite/Michigan. When I try to run PNs, they don't come up with any description 

Hi Mark, I know that i'm asking for the impossible, but I need a nice green B Model STEERING WHEEL. Do I get any laughs from the peanut gallery or what thrown at me? I bought a few years ago on ebay an R Model wheel in color green thinking I could use it, but I would trade someone for it so I could get what is suppose to be in that truck of mine.  

3 hours ago, Maddog13407 said:

some pictures would be nice instead of all this leading along BS

Sorry. I haven't had much time. Right now it looks like nothing but a pile of tools and boxes. What kind of pictures would you like? Bushings? Bearings? Seals? Oil filters?

Mike there is at least one company that reconditions old steering wheels for street rods and antique car guys.They advertise in street rodder and hemmings.or call Honest Charlie's since you're in tn. They should be able to help you. Won't be cheap I'm afraid.But then what would they charge for one of the three uncracked b model wheels left in America? LoL !

• Like 1