B 61 Integral Sleeper

Any idea on how much monies??

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

52 minutes ago, other dog said:

No Paul, there was no phone number or price on the sign. I can investigate further if you want.

nah I need another project like a hole in the head.    Yea if your nearby. I think it needs to be saved, but no special trip to find out.   Paul.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 minute ago, 41chevy said:

nah I need another project like a hole in the head.    Yea if your near it needs to be saved, but no special trip to find out.   Paul.

Well, I can't go back today- had a Bud light or three since I got back- but it's not that far, I can go back on a Saturday morning and see if I can find out anything. It's at some kind of business, but I don't know what it is. We just pulled in and when I saw the "for sale" sign I figured that meant I could get out and take pictures of it.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

44 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Sad it has been let go and the back of the cab has become so crusty.

Bud Light...? 

You on a diet?

Yeah, only got 12 Yuenglings so i'm rationing it- i'm finishing up the Bud Light that's left from last weekend. Only had about 8 or 9 cans in the box...down to 4 now.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

10 minutes ago, carlotpilot said:

that would be a project for sure   but i`m curious

Any flat or curved panel is easy to replace with a break, a roller, beading tool and shrinking/stretching tool, it's the compound curves that are hard. Course I could tell the boss wife I need a Northern Tool English Wheel for under $325 :)

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

I use all the other tools a lot, the English Wheel would be a $300 learning experience. I used one years ago to make a mess of a piece of tin. Bets my usual compound curve method of shopping the junk yard for a close matching panel.

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

I use all the other tools a lot, the English Wheel would be a $300 learning experience. I used one years ago to make a mess of a piece of tin. Bets my usual compound curve method of shopping the junk yard for a close matching panel.

one of those things would not be much of a job to make. might not be pretty but it would work

The square stock, fish plate and adjuster- tension parts are relatively cheap. It is the roller wheels that are costly because they have a specific radius on their crown and oil hardened or hard chromed for wear. For the ones Northern Freight or Harbor Freight sell you can modify it if needed and still be only a few bucks more than building  one. 

I made my own bending break with a 72 inch opening and the ability to go from 0 to 135 degrees over. My Roller I made from three Hammer Grass Cutter rollers a pair of triangle plates a tension spring and knob from Tractor Supply and a triangle plate. My Beading tool  I bought the dies and made the guide, tensioner and feed crank. Bought the stretcher shrinker from Eastwood and mounted that and the bead roller on a pair of Ford Model AA axle tubes bolted to the floor.  I have most of a shear made from 2x3 box and AR steel from an old dozer blade.Need some springs and pivot pins to dial it in. Only for no more than 040 steel and aluminum.  

When we get all into the Homestead in Fork Union you're welcome to look them all over.

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 hour ago, 1977vega said:

I remember that truck was up for $6500 or so

fainting.jpg

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

6 hours ago, j hancock said:

Maybe swing by Blue Ridge in Lynchburg and see if they can set you up with a pallet of Yuengling.

Grilling season is almost here.

We took the the kids on a local "history" lesson  this summer.   The pottsville brewery is a neat place to tour. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

On Saturday, March 19, 2016 at 4:37 PM, 41chevy said:

Any idea on how much monies??

Stopped and looked at it on 08/08/15. Owner said at that time he wanted $7500.  It's in rough shape but I was told it was driven there where they parked it in Drake's  Branch.  It is a single axle with an air tag.

I have one exactly like it.  I have owned it for years, and it is in about the same shape, if not a little worse.  I always wanted to use the cab for an extended cab B model pickup truck (on a Dodge diesel chassis I have), but probably won't get to that project any time soon.  Would make a welcome addition to my "herd", but not at that price. 

2 hours ago, B-42 said:

Stopped and looked at it on 08/08/15. Owner said at that time he wanted $7500.  It's in rough shape but I was told it was driven there where they parked it in Drake's  Branch.  It is a single axle with an air tag.

Looking at the pics it looks pretty picked over inside and out including radiator. I know what I'd offer from the pics.

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 1 month later...

Is the Mack still for sale? How much are they asking? I would restore it but I have a complete cab thats almost complete I was looking to swap. Sad part is that it has a single and not a dual.