Mack cabover expert questions

Guys, My father in law is a livestock hauler OO in Colorado and has ran off brand trucks all his life currently a 379. Except the truck he learned in was what he claims a 1964 Mack cabover. Based on years it would have to be an F model correct? He claimed his dad owned the truck, and when he started trucking (around 72) he drove that truck for his dad. The only reason I am questioning him is he said the truck had a 211 and a duplex in it. Could you get those options in an F model in 64? I for some reason only though the 673 engine was offered in the F and not the 711 series. I am just questioning whether my FIL could be off on his years of truck and have actually drove an H model with a duplex and 211.... Basically I am wondering if you could get the F spec'd with that engine trans combo.

Long story short I would love to find a truck and redo it to match the green and white two tone truck for my father in law in honor of his late father (who I never knew). He cannot seem to find any photos of the truck as this would obviously clarify. Thanks for any insight.

I do not believe all dealers had wheel dynos. My grandpa never had a wheel dyno I do not believe at NI Mack until they bought out Rockford Truck sales in early 2000. They had one at the Kenworth shop. They did have a dyno that hooked on to a driveshaft deal at Grayslake though I believe.

• Like 1

the good old days Mike and good OLD Mack Dealers....I have heard stories of my great grandfather trading B models into Utica Mack back in the day and pickin up the new truck and the salesman would say,'' John are you still using that old truck?'', hed say yes and they'd say ''well take the new one and just bring the trade in back whenever'' and a few times the trade in NEVER showed up. he would also go to the Mack garage on sundays just to HELP the guys rebuild transmissions and motors just for the hell of it and to stay up on things.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg