Why haven't we talked about this truck?

Outbehindthebarn

It does look decent. I haven't seen a Red Dot A/C unit like that,not all busted up,in I don't know how long? Halfway to becoming a Storkmack truck! Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

It does look decent. I haven't seen a Red Dot A/C unit like that,not all busted up,in I don't know how long? Halfway to becoming a Storkmack truck! Al

That HVAC system was developed by Signet Systems*. Later in the late 1980s, Mack Trucks switched to Red Dot, but the HVAC system design in the R/RD/DM and MH remained largely the same.

* FYI: Signet Systems was acquired by Modine Manufacturing in 1995.

The former Mack Trucks had two radiator suppliers, Modine and G&O. G&O Manufacturing was acquired by Transpro in 1970. In 2005, Modine bought the G&O unit and renamed it Modine Jackson Inc.

• Like 2

That HVAC system was developed by Signet Systems*. Later in the late 1980s, Mack Trucks switched to Red Dot, but the HVAC system design in the R/RD/DM and MH remained largely the same.

* FYI: Signet Systems was acquired by Modine Manufacturing in 1995.

The former Mack Trucks had two radiator suppliers, Modine and G&O. G&O Manufacturing was acquired by Transpro in 1970. In 2005, Modine bought the G&O unit and renamed it Modine Jackson Inc.

Ahh.Guess I have been thinking those round vented units were made Red Dot. Thanks for clearing that up. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

That thing has been on just about every Auction site around and I think even saw it on CL, the last time I seen it sold I think it was around 8K.

I think it is making the the rounds of the truck flippers, Probably to light of suspension for the exporters and over priced for everyone else once somebody gets eyes on it.

• Like 1

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Here is another one that will probably start making the rounds once somebody figures out it is to costly to fix. I called about this truck and was told the entire rear suspension and trunion need replaced and was unsafe to operate, again light suspension and drive train for a dump.

https://www.purplewave.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?151230/L7292

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."