Mack Spreader

h67st

I'm actually in the market for something like that lol

That cab looks so familiar but I just can't place it. I have a hunch that it's from either an Allis Chalmers, AGCO, or White product but not sure. Macks aren't typically the trucks farmers convert Into stuff like this but It sure is interesting when they do. 

• Like 2

Just wondering if it isn't a Mack chassis with a cab swap.  Fertilizer is hell on steel. Maybe the cab rotted out and they swapped what they had...

I remember Mike Harbison having a few R Models that had been in ag in their later lives and most of each truck was still there but the cabs were destroyed by rust.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2024 at 9:54 AM, Terry T said:

Just wondering if it isn't a Mack chassis with a cab swap.  Fertilizer is hell on steel. Maybe the cab rotted out and they swapped what they had...

I remember Mike Harbison having a few R Models that had been in ag in their later lives and most of each truck was still there but the cabs were destroyed by rust.

That's what I'm thinking....I've seen Mack Lime Spreaders.....

On 5/10/2024 at 1:18 AM, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

Looks like an old Terra-gator with a Mack hood. Cool piece for sure.

Thanks! That was the name I was trying to think of! Neighbor had an old Terra-Gator but I've never seen it run. They look like monster trucks! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

Thanks! That was the name I was trying to think of! Neighbor had an old Terra-Gator but I've never seen it run. They look like monster trucks! 

Glad I could help....I've seen a few....even got to set in The monster 3 wheeled version at a local fertilizer place.....GMC put their cab and hoods on Spreader trucks as well...funny cause they were called JIMMYS lol....I believe they had Gm motors under the hood too....