R Model cab visor

I finally found a fiberglass cab visor for my truck but I've noticed that some trucks have a little metal brace under the center of the visor that bolts to the cab right above the drip rail.

My visor doesn't have that piece. If I install the visor anyway, what are the chances that the thing will rip right off the cab without that center brace?

I have driven trucks with and without them. I did notice the wind will make them flex if its real windy out and your on the high way.

Thanks. I haven't been doing much highway stuff with the truck so maybe I'll put it on while work is a little slow and then maybe make a bracket for it at a later date.

Without it, will sometimes vibrate and make noise

yep I had that happen as well . its annoying as hell!!!

I had a IH with a stanless steel visor do the same thing depending how hot it was out. It even with the center brace installed. Made for some long trips out west in the summer time. And nothing made it stop besides if the temperature dropped. I put a bunge cord on it. stuffed tennis balls between the cab and visor. it just would warp when hot out and vibrate for miles.

I have been trying to find a used Lund style visor for my 72R . Lund is out of business anyone have an extra they would want to sell ?

I got mine from a gentleman on this board who was parting out a cab.

We have a 77 R that has had a visor on it since 77. It blew off this past summer but all the holes underneath were rotted out. When I installed mine I drilled pilot holes, filled them with red silicone and then installed the screws and caps. My truck doesn't do much long highway stuff so I think it'll be okay.

post-9590-0-70552700-1450352724_thumb.jp

• Like 2

every R model lund visor I have seen with the brace is always spider cracked around the hole for the brace. its a no win situation. I didn't put the brace on my B model lund visor cause I didn't wanna drill thru the windshield rubber. it does vibrate a little in the wind at 75+ mph.......

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

every R model lund visor I have seen with the brace is always spider cracked around the hole for the brace. its a no win situation. I didn't put the brace on my B model lund visor cause I didn't wanna drill thru the windshield rubber. it does vibrate a little in the wind at 75+ mph.......

B model and 75+ mph, must be geared pretty awsum!

• Like 1

end707 with fire rings and maxidyne head gaskets, 15 speed triplex and a 4.00 hogs head on 11 24.5 rubber = 75mph+. falls on its face tryin to pull a trailer anymore but its retired. Adirondakmack's B68 with a 237, double over 18 speed quad and 4.28 gears on 11 24.5 rubber will go 85+... ask him how he knows...

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg