Someone needs to save this...if I don't first

I know a scrap yard owner and he does not like to sell to general public because it's a pain in the ass to put something aside for someone who may or may not come up with the money. Unfortunately by the time it ends up there most times they get crushed

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Looks straight but something big has to be wrong with it for someone to scrap it. I'm guessing engine blown up or gone all together.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I spoke with the owner today and he wants $3000 for it as it sits. He obviously knows the value and doesn't seem to want to part it or crush it. He has a gentleman interested that's supposed to give him an answer tomorrow. I was told that guy wants to put a dump body on it and get it back on the road. I'll probably be back in tomorrow and I'll get a closer look and better pics.

I gotta be honest, it breaks my heart to see something that complete get torn apart and left to die. I'd love to see it out back on the road. I noticed a missing drivers door, no driver seat and no driver side battery box. Obviously need some wheels under it.

Definitely used to be a service truck. Looks like it still has a lot of good parts left on it. Reminds me of that Red lube truck from A To Z Auto Lubricants in Levittown. I bet they could use another truck.

I hate when I see this too, there are some many other options to get rid of a truck like this rather then scraping it, you can sell it as it, part it out, export it, etc.

-Mike

3K as it sits. He said he'll buy the service body back at scrap price. Unknown if it runs. NO TITLE. I'm out. I can't deal with a no title situation. If someone else wants it for parts, it's at Allegheny Iron and Metal in Philadelphia. Ask for Charlie. He wants to sell it asap cause he needs room.

• Like 1

Over the years some of Wastler's restored trucks have been at various shows. The service truck looks to good to scrap so I don't know why it is in that yard?

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/9406-question-for-barry/?hl=wastler#entry35336

Does anyone here personally know him? Maybe he wants to buy it back? The owner of the scrapyard told me Geppert brought it in for someone else. I just noticed the Wastler name on the door where the decals had been pulled off.