old school gmc

jettertrucks

Cracker boxes are on of my favorite non MACKs. . We had Walton P Davis Movers and Schiff Horse Farms running them in the mid 60's.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Nice combo. My father drove a Crackerbox for a few years. He hated the thing and the Detroit that powered it. I love them and want one. He thinks I'm crazy. He found the one Cliff Hicklen restored. I was at his house when he called Cliff about it. I was really mad that he didn't tell me first. Mike.

Damn that's loud.

There was a big time steel hauler from Somerset, PA that was running a single axle Crackerbox into the late 90's or possibly the 00's. I saw it on ebay a few times and last I saw him he was in an older, but very clean, IH 9670.

Was that the dark green one?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

That will be a nice combo when restored, it is good looking now. I sold a Crackerbox day cab 6V-71 5x2 short fourth. It was about the easiest truck I ever sold. I advertised in Wheels of Time and had over 20 callers. I wish I had 10 more to sell. Joe D.

Joe, short 4th? Never heard that one, dead 5th any body who ever drove a MACK knows about that but I need to know about the 4th

Ernie D

My Dad's first diesel truck was a '66 Crackerbox. He got it when I was 3 yrs. old in 1970.

attachicon.gif'66GMC.jpg

I found and bought what was left of it a few years ago.

attachicon.gif1966 GMC Cracker Box 6-14-11.jpg

Did he sell it to Moose and Benji?

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

Damn that's loud.

There was a big time steel hauler from Somerset, PA that was running a single axle Crackerbox into the late 90's or possibly the 00's. I saw it on ebay a few times and last I saw him he was in an older, but very clean, IH 9670.

Was it green?

---------------

I really need to read ALL the posts before I post a re-dumb-dent comment.

ANYWAY, that green crackerbox sure caught a lot of eyes in PA. I only spotted it once, and he made quite an impression. Rainy night, he rolled off I79 South onto 208, empty. If it weren't for the lights of the Outlet Mall I wouldn't have had such a good memory.

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

Unfortunately I am not in the market for a Crackerbox at the moment. I am spending all my money on a run-down farm.

I only saw that green Crackerbox once 10 or more years ago on Rt 100 in Gilbersville PA, but when I mentioned it to my father he had he saw him all over.

There also used to be a old-school green and white freightliner cabover that I would see frequently on 422 around Pottstown, but that was at least 7 years ago. Mike

I was interested in whatever happened to that green one too Paul. Used to see him running I78 quite a bit.

It was for sale on an on line auction a year or two ago, run down a bit but still extremely nice. Wish I could have had space for it than. Paul

gmc_green_crackerbox.jpg

P.T.CHESHIRE