1956 b61 and lowboy

Watchmaker

Good evening guys, Just saw the picture of my old truck and I will answer some of your questions. I restored and painted "the Miss Ashley"" about 2005 or 2006. I got it from a close friend who runs a big construction company here in NH.

He took it into his shop back in the early 90's and installed a new/rebuilt motor from the local Mack dealer. It has a complete nose from a B-model firetruck at the same time but with a painted grille rather than chrome. It had less than 500 miles on the motor when I got it and I only put another 150-200 miles on it. Truck should last forever with that new motor. the truck has a unique rear bumper that was fabricated to mount a crash absorbing unit so the truck could double as the shock absorber at the beginning of a row of jersey barriers.

Anyone looking for a good single axle B should definitely go look this one over, you cannot duplicate it for that price.....good luck.

• Like 2

Good evening guys, Just saw the picture of my old truck and I will answer some of your questions. I restored and painted "the Miss Ashley"" about 2005 or 2006. I got it from a close friend who runs a big construction company here in NH.

He took it into his shop back in the early 90's and installed a new/rebuilt motor from the local Mack dealer. It has a complete nose from a B-model firetruck at the same time but with a painted grille rather than chrome. It had less than 500 miles on the motor when I got it and I only put another 150-200 miles on it. Truck should last forever with that new motor. the truck has a unique rear bumper that was fabricated to mount a crash absorbing unit so the truck could double as the shock absorber at the beginning of a row of jersey barriers.

Anyone looking for a good single axle B should definitely go look this one over, you cannot duplicate it for that price.....good luck.

yup, some of the last B models, mostly B81's came with the ENDT673B and ENDT673C. not to be confused with the END673T which was a pos. think the 673t was 205hp while the B and C motors were 225 and 250. they we available along with the 237 in R models but could be used with a multispeed trans instead of a 5 or 6 speed. the B and C motors also had oil squirters on the pistons and fire rings like a Maxidyne I believe. I agree this is a nice truck and you couldn't put one together for that price.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

theres a big difference between an END673C and an ENDT673C. most 673C NATURALLY aspirated engine had the split intake ''Power Ram'' like the 673P and 711 engines. and ALL were in B models. I know of a few factory installed B models with the better turbo engine. I talked to one of the original owners today who says that engine in this particular truck has about 1000 hours on it so the engine itself it worth some money and THIS truck was restored back when Tidewater Mack was selling B model parts reasonable and he put a lot of new and NOS chrome and other parts on it. this truck is 15 min from me and if I was in the market id pick it right up. you couldn't built a single axle B model with those specs with a good turbo engine and one compatible with a Triplex for that kinda money

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...