EPA Gone Wild

41chevy

Chicago Tribune reports:

President Barack Obama and Gina McCarthy at the Environmental Protection Agency are going to impose new ozone rules so low that they would effectively end July Fourth and summer as we know it.

The proposal will lower the ozone standard from 75 parts per billion to 65 parts per billion, which would be a level just “barely above the naturally occurring level of ozone in the atmosphere.”

When signed in to law, the regulation would basically make it a Federal Violation for families to grill outdoors or for cities to launch festive fireworks. This means local legislators would need to enact municipal grilling bans and cancel traditional fireworks shows.

Many regions across the country have yet to catch up to the EPA’s most recent ruling seven years ago on wood, coal and pellet stoves. These regions are still violating existing regulations, and the proposal would do nothing more than increase the fines and penalties that they must pay.

The tragic irony was that our air was already the cleanest it’s been in 30 years and “air quality in the U.S. continues to improve annually.” Furthermore, ozone levels were slated to drop another 36 percent by 2025. The EPA said these are "false" readings, and require more testing and study.

In fact, according to the National Association of Manufacturers, the proposal would wind up costing us $140 billion annually. It would also “stall construction projects and prevent job-creating manufacturing facilities from being built in hundreds of cities across the United States.”

Both the President and the EPA state this is a "problem of global proportions and the United States is obligated to lead the world away from the brink of human extinction"

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yeah. Ok. I'll continue to grill on my deck whenever the f*ck I want to.

When he stops I'll stop.

post-3242-0-46426700-1436561538.jpeg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Wow, he's actually doing something productive. Never would've believed it with out a pic.

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

It always amazes me that the epa over regulates us to the point where our economy is hurt and we no longer produce anything. But it's ok if we let China, India or Russia the biggest polluters produce the product and pollute to high heaven then sell the same product back to us. It drives me nuts that people can't figure that we can produce everything cleaner than 90% of all other countries but our epa screws us by over regulation and America continues to fall behind in everything.

This is true, I don't know if it put a lot steel companies out of business, but it had to have helped. All those scrubbers and filters you see at steel mills must have cost millions of dollars to install and it still wasn't enough.

The inside of the stacks on the trucks at the shop look like new because they're so clean, with DPFs and DEF, and it's still not enough- can't find my Heavy Duty Trucking magazine at the moment- but I was just reading where they've come out with even stricter emissions and fuel mileage regulations that have to be met by- what was it, 2018 maybe?

And I see it myself all the time, or maybe I should say I don't see it, all the coal trucks in West Virginia- disappeared...gone. Because everybody knows coal fired power plants are bad, right? That's why West Virginians love Obama...yeah, right!

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

America doesn't need coal fired or nuclear power plants OD, we have wind power LOL. The most unpredictable kind of intermittent power you can get but they are still building wind farms all over Montana and most of the power goes to Mexifornia and some to Canada.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

the supreme court just shot a bunch of his epa crap down then every thing was hushed up what the hell happened there anyone know

The white house called an informal meeting with his appointees to the Supreme Court. . . things change

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

Just before my charcoal lighter fluid exploded lit off. Hope the town Drone caught it.

post-3242-0-56327900-1436653689_thumb.jp

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 7/12/2015 at 7:13 AM, gearhead204 said:

well i guess we're safe out here! can only use white gas or propane on public lands! all others ban due to fire danger.................or so they say....hummmmmm.

Huh? Because one flammable liquid or gas is less flammable than the other? I'd love to talk to the liberal hippy dumbass college prick who thought that one up and find out what his reasoning was.....And then have a discussion about chemistry and flammable liquids/gases and combustibles..............

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I was listening to the Rockies vs Braves game today and there was an advertisement that said (to the best of my memory) that cole fired power plants have grown 150% over the last 100 years and emissions have gone down 90% !!! Then the ad said something about investing in clean coal technology instead of more regulations. How do people miss or ignore facts (I'm assuming the ad was correct since it was on nationwide broadcast) like this and continue to choke any progress in this country?

I'm wishing this would shock me just a little...When we are all shivering in the dark, it will be a "perfect" world for these guys...Thanks for posting.

That's the beauty of communism: force everybody down to the lowest common denominator...and then reward only those you like.

Don't think for a minute that 0bama was kidding when he said he was going to "fundamentally transform" America. He and his ilk are doing exactly that.

• Like 2

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/08/nobel-prize-winning-scientist-says-obama-is-dead-wrong-on-global-warming/?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obinsite

http://www.ipi.org/ipi_issues/article_detail.asp?name=weve-found-the-source-of-human-caused-global-warming-data-manipulation

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!