5 weeks late and counting.

Just a little follow up to my earlier "plant fire" post. I ordered a new CXU 613 back in November. The truck was promised to me by the end of March. Then we had this plant fire and everything got delayed. Thankfully this site was helpful at getting to the bottom of the situation since I never did get the real whole story from my dealer. I got in touch with the dealer last week and asked what was going on, as I had heard nothing. (I currently have a buyer for my t660 Kenworth that has been pushed back 5 weeks as well) I get a reply saying the truck is finally built, but since I placed a do not drive request on the order, we need to wait for a power unit going to the same dealer to tow it. Ok fine...How much longer I ask? I NEED A DATE!! ETA is Now May 15th. Alright, that will be 7 weeks late at that point but at least I know what's going on. This morning I get a call from my sales person asking if we can remove the do not drive request. I said no, I ordered a new truck and I don't want someone else driving my new truck 1700 miles. I am then told well in that case we need to wait for a suitable power unit and we don't have any idea how long it will take to deliver your truck now again. I immediately called the manager of the dealership and left a message but received nothing in return. This is getting old fast. I am on a hair trigger to lose my deposit, tell em to shove their new truck, and keep my Kenworth.

Fly down and drive it home.

YUP!! go pick it up!

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Don't know if they still do it or not but years ago the local Mack dealer here would pay guys to go out to the factory to pick up new trucks and drive them back a friend of mine done it several times maybe you could contract to your dealer and go get your truck

• Like 1

Is that $500 on top of the normal destination charge?? If it is then a refund of the dest chg and another $500 should pay for your plane ticket and expenses?? As far as customs goes the same broker who gets it thru for the transporter should get it thru for the owner???

• Like 1

Brocky

What would be the cost of you hiring a transporter to bring it to Canada? Could you met them at the border? Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

To me, THEY should inquire about the cost. And THEY need to figure this out. If I was told the day I placed the order that they cannot deliver your truck without driving it, I would have bought another Pete or KW. I have owned both and both came in 2 weeks early without a problem whatsoever. I order a Mack and I'm dealing with this Romper room bs. So as it stands as of the time of this post, I have still not heard a thing from sales OR had a return phone call from management as to what we are going to do to get this figured out ASAP. And right now as I see it my options are get my new truck with 1700 miles on it, go get it myself kwhich is nonsense) or tell em forget it, have a nice life. As I stated earlier, very disappointed. I had very high hopes for my new truck and hoped for a good experience with a new dealership.

If it was me the biggest concern I would have in the back of my mind is if they cant even get it right now before the truck gets delivered what will happen if once you take delivery and you have a problem will the same BS follow, as Dr Phil says the best predictor of there future performance is there past performance

I would speak to Mack them selves on the telephone take notes of everything that is said I guess with todays modern phones you could record it all but Im not that smart and I hate to say this if it still dosnt feel right walk away from the deal and I would tell Mack the reason why to so that they have a understanding of there dealers performance

You might be surprised at what just may come of it all prepare your self before you make the phone call take the time to get it right in your head try to put it all on paper before you call them follow it up with a letter with all the dates and times of what has been said and by who most times if there has been a problem companys will bend over backwards to try and fix it and they will if your dealer is wrong pull your dealer into line

It should never come to this but life just works that way some times good luck

Paul

• Like 1

I am expecting great service, but I received lousy service from every Kenworth and Peterbilt dealership I have been too as well (that includes various US locations by the way) I have a good relationship with a great local shop and that's where the majority of my work gets done. The dealers are for emergencies or warranty work only. I will not buy any extended warranty so that disappears fairly quick.

I am not expecting great service, but I received lousy service from every Kenworth and Peterbilt dealership I have been too as well (that includes various US locations by the way) I have a good relationship with a great local shop and that's where the majority of my work gets done. The dealers are for emergencies or warranty work only. I will not buy any extended warranty so that disappears fairly quick.