So pissed off.........

1958 F.W.D.

Its no wonder chinas economy has eclipsed ours we as americans cant find products made here anymore I usually suck it up and buy the expensive American made products. I was always taught you get what you pay for and its so true you can still find good American made tools at auctions but lots of people know that now and buy them all up and sell them in such places as ebay and craigslist.

'stead of shopping @ Sears, try Home Depot (Husky) or Lowe's (Kobalt). Both have the same lifetime warranty...just take it back and they supposedly exchange it out just like Sears. Don't know for sure, as I've never actually broke a Kobalt or Husky tool despite abusing them in the same manner I do anything Craftsman has ever put out. Pretty sure (but don't quote me) they are still made in the good ol' US of A, too. Be a shame for a long-time family tradition to end because Sears sold out to Kmart and took on their "cheap crap" business model. Better to change the brand tool than the country they are made in...

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I do not under stand I got a set of 1/2" drive sockets craftsman for graduation from H.S. Years later the ratchet failed then the breaker bar , ok due to the use. Lost count of the times these have bin replaced. My grandfather gave me a set of Mack W.W. Two vintage that have never failed. I gave these to my son. I think he will be able to give to his son.

I stopped buying the cheap ratchets years ago as they work poorly. The high end ones are good enough to trust to not bust your hands. Like everything made in USA is what I try to buy but I've not decided to abandon Craftsman as it is all I have and the warrantee is a life saver. I ten to snap sockets a lot and use screwdrivers like chisels. (Don't tell sears). I buy made in USA as much as possible. It's the best thing we can do for local industry.

Greg

Saw this on the interweb....

Recently, the top brass at Sears had decided to outsource the manufacturing of Craftsman hand tools to places like China and Taiwan. The sockets, ratchets, wrenches and other hand tools you buy are now being made overseas. The quality is nowhere near as good as the USA made stuff.

American industry has "sold out" to China and other foreign countries in the name of saving money. Is Cuba the next one?

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I was assured that the lifetime "No questions asked" guarantee still stands with the china-made craftsman crap.

I will have to look into Fastnal, there's a store not too far from the house.

Looking into Kobalt. I actually like their garden tools (no not Detroits.)

Hatcity- I have three boys. If I am going to get a basic set of tools and a box for all three of them and get them off "The Truck" I will go into Bankruptcy in the year 2022 when Small turns 11, and there will be no money left to buy Extra Small a set of tools when she turns 11 in the year 2025.

Most of my stuff is off "The Truck" and I do not wish to do that three or four more times.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Damn It OD!

Did you kidnap the goat off the hillside?

Yeah, that's one of them. I dropped it off at Yardo's house, i'm gonna pick it up and take it back to Moorefield after Christmas...figured Randy wouldn't even notice an extra kid around. He seems to like it there too- as soon as I put him in the window he started jumping on the bed..

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Yeah, that's one of them. I dropped it off at Yardo's house, i'm gonna pick it up and take it back to Moorefield after Christmas...figured Randy wouldn't even notice an extra kid around. He seems to like it there too- as soon as I put him in the window he started jumping on the bed..

WTF? I was wondering what ate the bottom of the Christmas Tree. You couldn't knock on the door and have a cup of coffee? That's pretty ignorant, I'd expect that from Hatcity. And since you were here why couldn't ya drop off the secret sauce? My eggs have been boring lately.

• Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I have an older Craftsman click torque wrench. The ratchet mechanism broke. I took it back to Sears and was told torque wrenches are not covered by their warranty. I can understand the calibration but not the basic ratchet. So I went to Harbor Freight and bought one for $9.99. Piss on Sears! Had the calibration checked on the HF wrench and it was dead on.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Yeah, I got my first Craftsman 3/8 ratchet set for Christmas 55 years ago. Worked on everything from lawnmowers and go carts to trucks and a dozen cars at least in between and still working. Never had to replace any of the set.

It's a damn shame the government can't figure it out... Value added manufacturing is the true source of all wealth. Example -

Man "A" mines iron ore, employs hundreds of people to refine it (adds value) and all those people pay income taxes

Man "B" makes the iron ore into steel, employs hundreds of people (adding value) and all those people pay income taxes

Man "C" draws the steel into wire coils, employs hundreds of people (adding value) and all those people pay income taxes

Man "D" forms the wire into bolts, employs hundreds of people (adding value) and all those people pay income taxes

Man "E" assembles bolts and steel sheet and a 1000 other similarly manufactured items into farm tractors (or airplanes, or trucks, or vacuum cleaners)

and a similar story for 1000's of manufactured products. And all those workers employ doctors and dentists and plumbers, and accountants, etc.

But when you tax the living shat out of the employers you can finally, eventually, kill the whole damn thing. Not to mention the non-enforcement of our foreign trade agreements.

Sorry to bloviate. My two cents.

:clap: truer bloviating has never been done

• Like 1