Restored B61T: One of the Best Anywhere

hurstL78

Wow...that is nice. I can only dream............

I do have one question. Where did they find room for the a/c compressor? I'm working on getting a/c in my truck and wondered how it was done. I am thinking I might have to move/remove the factory fuel canister(front pass. side) and mount it up in that vicinity.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

You could be correct on the engine size. I am no expert on these trucks by any means. I only know what was written down on a sheet of paper when I bought it. I was fortunate enough to be able to afford to own something I had always wanted, but now things have changed and I need to sell it.

The steering column doesn't look like it was all that hard to install, Looks like possibly some modifications to the gear box input shaft and it fit pretty easily. I always liked the look of an original column better, but never got around to changing it.

thanks,

Van

The AC compressor is mounted on the upper passenger side. I can get some detailed pix of it this coming weekend. I have the truck stored in my dad's garage, about 30 miles away. I won't get up there again until Sunday.

Van

Beautiful rig! Out of my pay scale but if I win the lottery ill be all over it. That would be the perfect show truck to mount an aluminum rollback on it to haul classic cars on. I would love to see more exterior pictures around the B if you can post them.

• Like 1

The AC compressor is mounted on the upper passenger side. I can get some detailed pix of it this coming weekend. I have the truck stored in my dad's garage, about 30 miles away. I won't get up there again until Sunday.

Van

Thanks Van. That is kinda what I thought. No hurry, just am curious as that is about the only place you can put it.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Very nice looking truck!

Any idea how much HP loss from not running an aftercooler on the 300?

I did that with one an had odd cam shaft it would go from 30 to 75 in 5 gear . Many of times 25 ton in the box and a backhoe in tow . Two to three people a week would look under hood and say 237 owell .!!!!!

• Like 1

Ed

• 4 years later...

Lot more truck than a new diesel dually for similar bucks,plus should hold its value or possibly appreciate! Too bad about the single stick tranny,how about a "fake"second stick to operate the range selector like that three stick one on u tube! You ain't gonna.believe this I knew a dude had a f350 dually with a 5.9 Cummins with a 10 speed road ranger! Had to use 4 by 4 cab mounts to clear the tranny. Freightrain, Bob says hello!