got the MB home

More pics, 673 non turbo, duplex trans with a Mack single rear axle. The passenger seat looks brand new, gotta get a drivers seat to match.

post-5240-0-21345300-1395600773_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-68838500-1395600802_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-75232600-1395600840_thumb.jp

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Nice save! an MB is a damn good truck! most likely an aftermarket seat on the pass. side,as most MB's didn't have one. All the MB's APA had didn't,we carried our handtrucks on the pass.side.............looks like old home week! especially with the tachograph.............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Just out of curiosity, what is the height of the highest point on the cab (which is obviously the air horns or the marker lights) not including the stack?

And what is the total length???

The MB?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Measured just for shits n grins when I loaded it, was 10'6", my stacks are 12'6" on the RW, the MB is about 16' long, just a little guy. I think the lowboy is 24" high so figure 8'6" for the truck.

Just got back from a drive in the MB, the shifters are sticky but they're soaking in kroil so they'll get better and I can turn it around in one lane of a two lane road. The sound reminds me of a CF pumper we had on the vfd here years ago, it runs awful good for as long as it has sat. I can tell this is gonna be one of those things I spend way too much time playing with.

• Like 2

8'6....dammit.....too high for my garage by 3"........Plenty of length though. That's exactly what I would be looking for if I had some extra money- a simple single screw MB, R, or U with a 237 and a 5-speed, but under 8'3"....LOL. Have fun with it, sounds like you got a nice new toy!!! You need to bring that and the superdog to Macungie!

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Its sitting on 11r22.5's so low pros would drop you about 1.5", of course you could always build a bigger garage, or just get a bigger door!

8'6....dammit.....too high for my garage by 3"........Plenty of length though. That's exactly what I would be looking for if I had some extra money- a simple single screw MB, R, or U with a 237 and a 5-speed, but under 8'3"....LOL. Have fun with it, sounds like you got a nice new toy!!! You need to bring that and the superdog to Macungie!

The MB with a 238 2cy Detroit exactly 4'' shorter so it just might work for ya? Just give me the OK and I'll send my feelers out!

BULLHUSK

• Like 1

Its sitting on 11r22.5's so low pros would drop you about 1.5", of course you could always build a bigger garage, or just get a bigger door!

I already put a higher header and this commercial roll-up style steel door on for the FWD.....Old header height was 6'8" I increased it to 8'3" (as high as the ceiling joists would allow....) It used to have a standard 3-section fiberglass door.

post-1729-0-45725400-1395623690_thumb.jp

And yes, there is plenty of room next to the FWD for another toy.

• Like 1

Nice MB!

That other truck is nice too.

with comments like that makes you glad he's not an enemy don't it!

Don't worry, he knows his Super is a fine set of wheels. Got to give him some grief once in a while though.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

The MB with a 238 2cy Detroit exactly 4'' shorter so it just might work for ya? Just give me the OK and I'll send my feelers out!

BULLHUSK

Why thank you I appreciate that but no. I have enough 2-strokes in the garage already. Let's see- a weed wacker, a chainsaw, a hedge trimmer (those are for giving Slpwlkr his haircuts) The snowblower is also 2 stroke.....You know, shit that should actually BE 2-stroke.

• Like 1

Thanks goodness I had 10ft ceilings in my garage. I had to cut the small door out and build a barn door to get the B in there. Door on the left was typical for this end. Luckily they just framed in the short header so I could cut it out and use the 10ft one.

SDC10059.jpg

Had to cut the pipes down on the truck to get them to just clear(by like 2"). Have to pull the left mirror in also to get it to squeeze in the narrow opening. I'm thinking it is 9ft wide. The bunk is 8ft, gives you 6" on each side. The mirrors stick out a bit more then that.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"