Some Macks from work

no problem I wanted to do it awile ago just never got around to it.

I know what you mean. I have a photo that I took several weeks ago of a Super Liner that I seem to always be without my camera when it has come around. I have been trying to capture this Super Liner for 3 years now. Unfortunately when I found it was at it's workplace unloading and I could not get a close up of it. But will post it never the less Tuesday when I go back to my work computer.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing with us.

mike

The best way to do it is also the hardest and that is to take them all apart.

Sometimes the rust twist and cracks things so badly that putting new rails on IS the economical way to go. For folks on the east coast, a call to PG Adams in Vermont will get some really nice new frame rails to do the job correctly.

I would think that there are frame vendors in the mid-west and west who offer the service.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

To add to MackMB's story, in 1967 I was working at my company's Buffalo operation and we were a supplier to Beth Steels Lackawanna plant. Huge facility. first time I went in there I could not believe all the relatively new big iron running around the facility-and most of these trucks in spite of their relatively new age, did NOT have piece of sheet metal that was not banged up! My memory says the truck of choice at that plant was GMC--JH's??

In any case rough environment.

Awesome! I think I speak for many others when I say if there are more trucks hanging around the plant please share them!

sadly there isn't any other macks in the plant ,the only other truck is a fraight shaker from the mid 90's. When the Bethlehem plant was divided up and the city made public streets between the shop's we have they couldn't run that dm 800 no more down to the other machine shop so that's why the other truck was bought. I seen that dm loaded one time leaving the shop taking a load of rolls to heat treat with that lowboy loaded down, let me tell ya that dm didn't look like it was working too hard and the guy driving was going way to fast to be safe , I wish I could of got it on camera.

To add to MackMB's story, in 1967 I was working at my company's Buffalo operation and we were a supplier to Beth Steels Lackawanna plant. Huge facility. first time I went in there I could not believe all the relatively new big iron running around the facility-and most of these trucks in spite of their relatively new age, did NOT have piece of sheet metal that was not banged up! My memory says the truck of choice at that plant was GMC--JH's?? In any case rough environment.

a friend of mine his dad ran doubles out of the buffalo plant for years he said, he told me many stories about that place.

The DM800 is interesting with the short wheel base and the DM6xx is a rare bird with the steel nose conversion.. Thanks for the pics. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I can remember seeing that DM when we did work in that plant.I think they used to park it alot right next to the building that the war department still has.That was where most of the gun barrels for all of the ships came from.As far as i know that building is still open.

you are correct that building was #8 machine shop, that is the building I work in and it is still a machine shop with some of the biggest machine tools in the world.
  • Like 1

So that mill is still runnin I ve been in us steel in Gary I bet back in the day it was goin nuts there its runnin but not like it was I bet

if you mean mill as rolling mill thats long long gone. The only industry left on that bethlehem steel site it's forging and machining.