Don't know how accurate it is but there is a picture in the ICOGNOGRAFIX 1st B model archive book that shows a water cooled Schwitzer turbo in a '55 B-753LS.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I've been wanting to take a survey on how many of our BMT members have the END 673P engine. I could not understand why they toyed with this motor so much. What i've been told is this engine had smaller rod diameter ends. I would think that would cause it to not be very durable in the bottom end of that series engine. My paperwork say's that this engine was 180 hp. in my 1962 B Model and it does have the original unit.

mike

.....HHHHMMMMM? Maybe the extra 7hp,was with the "hop-up" kit! :loldude: I always heard they ran good.Not so with the 711. But then again,thats hearsay.I don't own either one of those motors.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

.....HHHHMMMMM? Maybe the extra 7hp,was with the "hop-up" kit! :loldude: I always heard they ran good.Not so with the 711. But then again,thats hearsay.I don't own either one of those motors.

Someone must have been spraying some laughing gas into it in order to obtain more HP.LOL

mike :icon_bs:

• Like 1

I think my old 673 runs pretty well for a 55 yr old motor. Ya, it could use a few more ponies, but it is pretty reliable and gets 8-9 mpg. If I thought I could bolt a turbo on it and not really hurt it, I might. Turn the fuel up a few notches too. Just don't like the fact I don't have oil cooled pistons.

I always wanted to drive a 250hp version to see what it is really like with a load. My N/A version runs good bobtail, so that is not much of an issue.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Larry,

My BCR has an END-673D (200hp stock) with a turbo & oil cooler put on it from the original owner.With the compression ratio of 15.81:1,it should be like 225hp.The fuel is turned up a notch and now has a 237's turbo on it.Bobtail I'm in the 9-10 mpg range.Pulling my little lowboy I lose 1-1.5 mpg. She leaves a slight trail of black smoke nearly all the time. If it did not have a turbo on it when I bought it,I probably wouldn't have gone through the trouble,especially if it was already running good. My next B (when I get to it) will have an END-673 (n/a) in it. Al

That's the problem...I will likely hardly notice the power increase? It will never be "enough".

I used to have my pump turned up. It would RUN. Only problem it got like 4 mpg. I turned it back down and it gets 7-8 pulling my trailer with a nice light haze from the pipes.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

we forgot the engine in my B613T, its an END707. must have been a short block or something as is came out of a B61SX I scrapped and was clean as a whistle. my engine doesn't have piston squirters but does have fire rings and the same head gaskets as a 237. same part number. doesn't have the old style copper gaskets, has the thin ones for more compression. I have seen it listed in an R model brochure from the 70's as an option and is listed as 200hp at 1800RPMs. would love to turbo it but don't wanna hurt it without the piston squirters. doesn't smoke at all and id like to turn the fuel up a notch but don't know how. just want a little smoke for play as I don't work it. would like to find a endt673b or c for it someday or a 237.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

What we're doing with these trucks (showing them,parades,etc) is the easiest they've ever had it. I like the reliability and simplicity that was built into these workhorses. I believe strongly in "If ain't broke,don't fix it". Braggin' rights are for the dragstrip (or a certain black Superliner who thinks he's at one :loldude:!). Don't get me wrong,I like to watch the tests of these trucks pullin' at the county fairs,you just won't see mine out there (not enough ponies) :whistling:.

What we're doing with these trucks (showing them,parades,etc) is the easiest they've ever had it. I like the reliability and simplicity that was built into these workhorses. I believe strongly in "If ain't broke,don't fix it". Braggin' rights are for the dragstrip (or a certain black Superliner who thinks he's at one :loldude:!). Don't get me wrong,I like to watch the tests of these trucks pullin' at the county fairs,you just won't see mine out there (not enough ponies) :whistling:.

I used to hear my dad say the same thing "If it ain't broke don't fix it". I have wondered if the 707, 711 and 673P are the same internals as Matt was talking about his 707?

Larry, sounds like your engine is purring along just fine and happy with that haze coming from the exhaust. Were the oil squirters used only for Turbo motors, to keep those pistons cool?

mike

mike

all the 673's had a 4 7/8 bored, my end707 and the 711 have a 5'' bore. never seen a 711 with fire rings, not sayin it couldn't have ben retrofitted. my 707 has maxidyne head gaskets and fire rings. the piston squirters were used on the later 673 turbos, the b and c engines. they weren't on the early end673t's only on the later endt673c and endt673c's

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

all the 673's had a 4 7/8 bored, my end707 and the 711 have a 5'' bore. never seen a 711 with fire rings, not sayin it couldn't have ben retrofitted. my 707 has maxidyne head gaskets and fire rings. the piston squirters were used on the later 673 turbos, the b and c engines. they weren't on the early end673t's only on the later endt673c and endt673c's

I don't think you can retrofit a 711 with fire rings.

Didn't all 711's have eighteen stud 9/16" stud heads?

The earlier blocks didn't have the double corner studs.

There was one variation that had sixteen 9/16" studs and two 3/4" corner studs before they went to the twenty 5/8" stud block.

The only blocks that can use the fire ring liner and grooved head has to have the twenty 5/8" stud block and heads in order to properly "coin" the fire rings.

Ron