New Year's Day Meal

farmer52

I always have black eyed peas and greens on New Years. It's a traditional southern meal, along with hog jowls. The peas are supposed to bring good luck, the greens money, and the hog jowls- I have no clue, so I skip the hog jowl. Seen a woman at Long Mountain Grocery getting some sliced the day before yesterday though. Should have asked her what they were for.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Gonna miss a New Years meal this year. I'll be on my way back from Nashville. Maybe I'll stop at a petro and get one of those $15 New Years meals lol

Mike - be careful on the road especially tonight. Anyone else for that matter - be careful. Happy New Year all!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Pork tenderloin,sauerkraut? my,my! sounds like a traditonal German New Years meal! some of my favorites! just need the sweet/sour red cabbage and you'll be good to go! Best wishes for a safe and Happy New Year!............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Gonna miss a New Years meal this year. I'll be on my way back from Nashville. Maybe I'll stop at a petro and get one of those $15 New Years meals lol

I feel your pain buddy, i'm on my way back from ohio, but turning around to do 12 stops in michigan....Guess i'll have a meal at the 49er in kentucky. Everyone be careful and safe travels
  • Like 1

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

All of the above sound good to me. Mark I bet you miss Taylor Pork Roll also.I worked in Port Newark in 70'S nothing like stopping by one of the lunch wagons and get a pork roll egg and cheese on a fresh hard roll with a coffee of course.Every region has their specialties. Joe D.

• Like 1

Ma's putting on a spread for her boys this afternoon . Spiral sliced ham, mashed potatoes, gravy , corn coleslaw because it's opposed to be good luck to eat cabbage on new years so she always tells us. And cherry cheese cake for desert. Can't wait!

My mother used to fix sauerkraut with beef wieners. I really liked it until she decided to change over to the Bavarian type. It was sweet and I just could not get used to it. BTW guys.....if any of you are in north Georgia sometime find the village town of Helen. It is a German style village tourist town with good places to eat this type of foods. It is a very nice place to visit any time of the year.

mike

Hey Rich, I see "Jamison." Is this Bucks County Jamison- as in the Jamison between Warrington and Warwick?????

That is correct. I live about a mile or so north of the Warwick Fire Station..

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...