New Year's Day Meal

farmer52

The scrapple here in central PA is made from pork by-products. Meadows (a local company) use to make the BEST scrapple. Meadows brand is now made and marketed by Kunzler Meats; Lancaster, PA.

http://www.kunzler.com/recipes/search-results.asp?collection_id=4

Kunzler's Lebanon Bologna is EXCELLENT too!

Meadows is known for their frozen custard (a local PA favorite).

http://www.meadowsfrozencustard.com/

Dang, I am making myself hungry! :whistling:

BTW, OD - I never cared for souse, YUCK!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

there's nothing better then a scrapple sandwhich or two in the morning.My wife hates the smell of it and she won't even cook it for me.Hell all this talk about scrapple make me wanting some,talk with you all latter going in the kitchen to make some.

MikeD where in the City are you? I was born and raised in Huntingdon Valley within sight of the Far Northeast and then when I was trying to get hired onto Philly Fire I owned a house in Castor Gardens near Castor & Cottman.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I live in the somerton section.I grow up in huntingdon valley.My mom still lives there.I spoke with you at the first mackfest 2 years ago.

My apologies, I cannot recall.......Whats yer last name and where in the Valley did you live??? Are you a product of Lower Moreland???

I learned all about life towing with my Dad for Chuck Hale (Chuck's Gulf...) and my first job was pumping gas at Ferrari's Sunoco.

Do you remember the F-Model Macks that used to park at Chucks? Those were my fathers.

Last name of Durkin,lived right up welsh rd past valley on the right,called lincoln drive.No i didn't go to lower moreland high,all my friend did.I sort of remember the F models at Chuck's.His boys now run the business.Bill Ferrari is a good friend of mine,he does all my state inspection and so on.Where about do you live in Hellertown.We did I78 through there and also did some work at the old steel mill.

Last name of Durkin,lived right up welsh rd past valley on the right,called lincoln drive.No i didn't go to lower moreland high,all my friend did.I sort of remember the F models at Chuck's.His boys now run the business.Bill Ferrari is a good friend of mine,he does all my state inspection and so on.Where about do you live in Hellertown.We did I78 through there and also did some work at the old steel mill.

Then you probably remember my gradparent's place- Cold Spring Farm, 2314 Valley Road, directly across the street from Tinari's. I pumped gas for Billy when I was 16/17 for 2 days a week after school from 4pm-9pm and Sundays from 9am-4pm with Vic Pietro. We live in town, right near the fire station and Dimmick Park

I will be seeing Bill this week,who should I say you are.Where in Hellertown do you live?

I just saw Billy a month or so ago. I still volunteer down at the Bryn Athyn Fire Company and get down there occasionally- took one of the pumpers down there for fuel. Tell him Randy Yardumian said hello.

I live on Durham Street, at the 5 point intersection of Durham/Penn/Delaware. If you know where Ricardo's Tavern House is on Main Street, right up from there, but before you get to the Firehouse and Dimmick Park.