What model is this truck?

glenlunberg

This truck gets around on here. I think there is at least two other posts about this very truck before. I took a picture of it at Macungie in 2012 and didn't know what it was either. Definitely a cool truck that's not often seen.

Just wondering what is the brand and model of this truck? This is an antique truck and that's all the information I have.

If you click on the picture it will open enlarged. Clearly on the front is the IH symbol and on the fender is INTERNATIONAL ACO. The sign states Sightliner.

• Like 2

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

It's usually at the ATHS show in Winchester Va most times, beautiful unit. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I could have bought one about 4 years ago for $1,500. It was a long wheel base tandem and I was supposed to go look at it. It was 10 hours round trip and I just couldn't bring myself to drive that far. I sure wish I had made the trip. Don't know what ever happened to the truck.

I looked in IH Truck Book by Frederick W. Crimson. It says ACO'S were made from 1957-64. Several different versions 48" ca, sleeper cab option, single axle, tandem axle, and 8X6 version with dual steering. From what I found gas pot powered only, no diesels that I saw.It said ACO'S were not accepted well by drivers for bad ride,noisy interior,and glare through lower windows from approaching automobiles. Joe D.

Schoolbus company near my hometown in Jersey had a single axle wrecker that looked just like this truck.Sat by their yard for many years,last time I was up it was gone!....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.