So frikken' pissed off.......

1958 F.W.D.

Just need to vent. Came out of my office on Friday AM to go to an inspection and noted that the bumper on the Silverado looked all "askew." Further inspection revealed that someone smacked it not only hard enough to push it in, but the part that wraps around the quaterpanel at a 90 degree angle pushed in laterally and pushed the quarterpanel in- and I could only get the tailgate open 3-4".

So with the help of a buddy's come along, a good sturdy pipe bollard, a floor jack, a ratchet strap, a block of wood and a 4-lb handheld low-velocity impact device (recently calibrated of course) we were able to pull the bumper out and then get the tailgate off, and then some pulling, twisting, hitting and bending here and there were able to make it look halfway decent again. I still have to do some painting where the bumper scratched the shit out of the quarterpanel or else shes gonna get cancer.

Truck was OK last week when I washed it. Pisses me off because I have no idea where it happened or when- or else I would go back and see if anyone has any cameras so I could track down the stain that did this. Really really pisses me off that said stain could not stop and leave a note. I would have been like "ok, make it right and I'm ok with it."

post-1729-0-41028500-1386520261_thumb.jp

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I feel for you. Likely someone not paying attention and likely does not realize they hit your truck.

I am the same way. My HHR got "doored" last winter not once but several times by the same vehicle and time. I try to park away from the crowd or a space with LOTS of room.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Yard guy at work has a 2014 mustang gt, had it about 3-weeks when someone hit it in a parking lot and wrecked the front driver fender, front of the driver's door, rocker panel.....no note, no nothing.....people suck

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Ugh....I'd be pissed too. Lucky my truck is 24 yrs old, but still would hate to find this!! I too park away from people. Don't mind walking a few extra steps.

Sadly it don't take much to wipe out a bumper anymore. They are really, really flimsy and likely someone just pushed up against it and just kept pushing without knowing it(should have, but maybe didn't).

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

grrrrrrr, I don't even let people lean on or put their foot on my work truck without hearing about it from me, and I cant stand CSX's crap right now (ready to quit this shit hole).

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

agree. I always try to find a parkin spot with at least one side twards the grass, curb whatever, and never ever park by the cart corral. bitch at the misses when she wheels in next to the corral. remember few years ago repainted my 86 Iroc Z nice and fresh black again, new decals and all, parked away from everyone, came out to find some cocky asshole parked next to me with a door ding in my door. I proceeded to get into the passenger side, sit down, whip my legs across the seat and kick my driver door open hard enough to smash the guys door right in, got in the driverseat and drove away. I hate the prissy cocky kids now away with no respect for vehicle to. I use to keep everything clean when I was younger, bought my own vehicles and even if they were junk, still kept them clean and presentable. no one gives a shit anymore and vehicles ar expendable. my step daughter has the attitude of oh well, not washin my car, ill just find another one when this one dies, ugh!

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Sad but true. Was proud of my daughter who last winter at the county college she was attending,scuffed somebody's POS minivan.She put a note on the windshield with contact info & all.No one called back.A few of us are teaching (or have taught our kids) the right way to handle these things,Randy.Unfortunately,even more have taught their kids not to care.Damn shame.

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Ugh....I'd be pissed too. Lucky my truck is 24 yrs old, but still would hate to find this!! I too park away from people. Don't mind walking a few extra steps.

Sadly it don't take much to wipe out a bumper anymore. They are really, really flimsy and likely someone just pushed up against it and just kept pushing without knowing it(should have, but maybe didn't).

Old or brand spanking new people should own up to it if something happened. It's just the right thing to do. No responsibility for your actions is the norm now from the head boy to the bottom sheeple. Don't you know the American motto changed from In God We Trust to F##K it , It's not mine. Sad

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

"F##K it it's not mine" is the railroad equipment operators motto, just one of the reasons I'm tired of my job.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Sometimes it can work the other way though... I recall back in the day I had a Chevy C50 flatbed with a home made rear bumper out of 8 in. heavy channel iron. Had it parked by the curb out front. Roommate yells "somebody just side-swiped your truck." An old lady in a Oldsmobile managed to snag her front wheel well on the end of that bumper. Opened that Olds up like a can opener the whole length of her car. She never stopped but the whole thing made me laugh. No damage to my beater truck.

some of these a-holes can wreck a 150# anvil with a feather duster. I cant figure it out are people really this lost in their own little world? paying attention doesn't cost that much, cant tell you how many times I,ve seen people lose pup trailers and 5th wheel trailers because they didn't double check shit! and their susposibly pros. makes a guy real uneasy around common drivers.

"F##K it it's not mine" is the railroad equipment operators motto, just one of the reasons I'm tired of my job.

At my work...that is most the attitude. They will run something into the ground and then stand there and point and say "I didn't do it, it was like that when I got it". My whole life here(last 27 yrs) has been putting shit back together so they can destroy it again. day in, day out.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"