Finally drug my EF home after about a year!

Break out the smoke wrench! Best of luck.

There has been a completely rebuilt flat head 6 (331??) on EBay off and on for awhile now. Might be worth a look.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Thanks for the coments Guys. I'm planning on doing a ground up restoration but I'm considering updating the eninge from the original, but I haven't decided yet. I'm going to paint it green with a green frame like it was originally. The vin is EF 1D 3146. I've got another one to go get that my dad found for $200 that really rough, but I have enough parts to build 3 E models. Here's some more picture that I took this morning.

Thanks Josh.

post-4033-0-71295500-1384726304_thumb.jp

post-4033-0-86157500-1384726339_thumb.jp

post-4033-0-18953300-1384726352_thumb.jp

post-4033-0-72716500-1384726382_thumb.jp

post-4033-0-44322300-1384726410_thumb.jp

post-4033-0-75937900-1384726439_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Ya I was suprised to find the base was intact too. I actually have one better than that off of my Dads 45S because he had a NOS one he put on. The one off his has very little pitting and perfect chrome. I'm thinking of putting in a Dodge Cummins with a really quiet muffler because Mack did put Cummins engines in there trucks back then. I just need to talk My Cousin out of his Mack Diesel emblems for the hood :whistling: .

Josh :SMOKIE-LFT::bulldog3:

An acquaintance put a 6.9 in an E model. It came out very nice, but needless to say it was a lot of work. He retained the original rear as well as the other running gear and used a Gear Vendor overdrive. The brakes were a bit of an issue since the diesel does not have a vacuum pump and the Chrysler hydraulics did not move enough fluid for the Mack brakes. I believe he used a GM set up to overcome it.

His first show was the ATHS show in Winchester, VA this past Sept. and I expect he will have the truck at Macungie this year.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Looks good and I agree the bulldog base is great. I just lost storage for mine last week. Need to get my crap together and start on it. I do have another 290 for it as well. I will have to hunt you up. I am coming into Erie and down into Waterford for work this week.

Brent

post-1911-0-72520300-1384831244_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...