Obamacare...

RowdyRebel

If "Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"1...and if we have a "government of the people by the people for the people"2...how do the Democrats and this administration expect to implement and enforce a law which only 31% (and falling) of the people approve of3?

post-1673-0-77147400-1385653672_thumb.jppost-1673-0-08825400-1385653588_thumb.jppost-1673-0-53482000-1385653763_thumb.jp

1 Declaration of Independence

2 Gettysburg Address

3CBS News Poll

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

It'll be 1860 all over again if that happens. Funny thing about that, though, is that it won't be so much "brother against brother"...more like gun-totin' rednecks against defenseless anti-gun city-dwellers. I doubt it'd last very long. Even our military swears an oath to "uphold & defend the Constitution"...NOT to blindly follow the orders of a wannabe dictator.

Not quite that simple. You will have the Gangs like MS13, Mexicali Mafia, Crypts, Bloods and others going to war to carve out their territory. Mafias from Eastern Europe and Drug Cartels from South America who will see this as a chance to expand their power Add to the Jihadist Factions and a few Mid Eastern countries in their war against the U.S.. The Involvement of the U.N. "Peace Keeping" Force by request of "O" , Asian Security Groups protecting their factories and investments. Add in border fights with both Mexico, Canada and possibly state against state. We will have people who will go it to it for no reason other than power over their neighbors or just the thrill of it. Those it power will hide and escape, the country will end up like Chetznia or worse with most infrastructure damaged or destroyed. Unfortunately this where we are being pushed by ALL of the politicians on BOTH sides.

The oath for Officers was changed back to the 1830 version by Executive order in 2010 and no longer mentioned the Constitution or God, but you swear to obey the President and follow the UCMJ laws.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I was talkin to someone yesterday who has a business about 4 times larger then my co, who told me last year it cost them a little over 1 million for health care! Well... Get ready for this.... this year they went up 700,000 dollars (OBAMA CARE)!! He said to me 'Now where in the hell do i come up with that kinda money??' This man is (Obama) has no clue, he is bringin down this great country of ours. So ya know what he just might close up shop an there goes about 500 jobs drectly an indrectly related to his company! GREAT JOB OBAMA!! and he is only one of many who are up against this monster law Obama care!! Affordabl Care Act My fuckin ass!!

BULLHUSK

• Like 1

If enough people decided simply to just not comply with the law...to tell the insurance companies "sell me a policy which meets MY individual needs, and that I WANT to buy or else I will not buy" and then refuse to pay the penalty. Adjust your tax withholdings so that you owe $50 or so at the end of the year rather than give the government that interest-free loan in order to receive a large refund which will be confiscated to FORCE payment of the penalty. If you aren't due a refund, the IRS has no legal means to force you to pay. Government derives its power by the consent of the governed. They never had the consent of the people for this, and they don't seem to care. Mass civil disobedience through non-compliance is the best peaceful way to force this law to be repealed.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Why do you think the IRS and EPA have been receiving so many guns and the bulk of the ammo made in America.The IRS has been taking law inforcement training and have the armored cars to meet you some were to talk about it.Dont under estimate this president and the rest of the white house democrats.They will do any thing to get control all of the time telling us they know what we want better than we do.

glenn akers

Received this from a friend...

Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is executive at company that built Obamacare website.

First Lady Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is a top executive at the company that earned the no-bid contract to build the failed Obamacare website.

Toni Townes-Whitley, Princeton class of ’85, is senior vice president at CGI Federal, which earned the no-bid contract to build the $678 million Obamacare enrollment website at Healthcare.gov. CGI Federal is the U.S. arm of a Canadian company. Townes-Whitley and her Princeton classmate Michelle Obama are both members of the Association of Black Princeton Alumni.

Toni Townes,’85, is a onetime policy analyst with the General Accounting Office and previously served in the Peace Corps in Gabon, West Africa. Her decision to return to work, as an African-American woman, after six years of raising kids was applauded by a Princeton alumni publication in 1998.

George Schindler, the president for U.S. and Canada of the Canadian-based CGI Group, CGI Federal’s parent company, became an Obama 2012 campaign donor after his company gained the Obamacare website contract.

On the government end, construction of the disastrous Healthcare.gov website was overseen by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), a division of longtime failed website-builder Kathleen Sebelius’ Department of Health and Human Services.

CGI Federal did not immediately return a request for comment.

Soooooo........... Let’s see if we can connect the dots here ...

1.) No American companies considered; 2.) A Canadian company hired; 3.) No Bid contract
for $93 million; 4.) Top executive at website-building firm went to school with Michelle Obama; 5.) Previous experience building gun registry for Canadian government; 6.) Fired by Canadian Government for overruns that cost Canada $100 million; 7.) Overruns for Obamacare enrollment website now costing U.S. $678 million, and still going up.

Does this bother anybody else besides me? And this is just one of their corrupt enterprises. The Obamas are worse than "Bernie" Madoff and far more dangerous to the country.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Washington Post_ Repeal Presidential Term Limits So Obama Can Run Again

“Barack Obama should be allowed to stand for re election just as citizens should be allowed to vote for — or against — him,” says Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) “Anything less diminishes our leaders and ourselves.”

Schumer also argues that the president would enjoy more deference on such unpopular initiatives as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the recent nuclear-arms deal with Iran if he had a legal opportunity to seek additional terms in office.

"The country is now facing crisis' that would require a third, fourth or more terms"

Sen. Schumer also said that with the collapse of the Health Care System and 80 million Americans soon to lose health, care it's more important than ever to allow President Obama to stay in office as long as he is needed to continue his work"

Screwed ! :(

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

“Barack Obama should be allowed to stand for re election just as citizens should be allowed to vote for — or against — him,” says Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) “Anything less diminishes our leaders and ourselves.”

Schumer also argues that the president would enjoy more deference on such unpopular initiatives as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the recent nuclear-arms deal with Iran if he had a legal opportunity to seek additional terms in office.

"The country is now facing crisis' that would require a third, fourth or more terms"

Sen. Schumer also said that with the collapse of the Health Care System and 80 million Americans soon to lose health, care it's more important than ever to allow President Obama to stay in office as long as he is needed to continue his work"

My thoughts.... :icon_bs: If he can't get it done in 8 years...put someone else in.

Ken

80 million are about to lose their health insurance and the health care industry is collapsing AS A DIRECT RESULT OF the policies this president has pursued! The ONLY way to correct the situation is to get this knucklehead out of the way. Sorry if I'm offending any other knuckleheads by using that term to describe our community organizer in chief...

• Like 2

Saw a quick article. MANY volunteer Fire Depts may have to shut down due to Obamacare. Seems that as a volunteer ff, you are considered an employee. As such, The Fire Dept. will have to provide medical insurance for its members. The costs will cause many, many small companies to shut down.

Sounds like the IAFF is pushing that aspect

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Don't get you panty's in a wad, that was not SEN Schumer who said that but some NY Professor that wrote an opinion piece.

Jonathan Zimmerman is a professor of history and education at New York University.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/end-presidential-term-limits/2013/11/28/50876456-561e-11e3-ba82-16ed03681809_story.html

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Don't get you panty's in a wad, that was not SEN Schumer who said that but some NY Professor that wrote an opinion piece.

Jonathan Zimmerman is a professor of history and education at New York University.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/end-presidential-term-limits/2013/11/28/50876456-561e-11e3-ba82-16ed03681809_story.html

Schumer actually quoted Zimmerman oped in a pep talk at Albany about term limits and "getting the job done " The oped was in October, Schumers quotes were last week.

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 4 weeks later...

Just received this from a friend. Not sure how true it is but definitely food for thought. Make sure you read the last sentence!

What ObamaCare is Really About

I'm a 54 year old consulting engineer and make between $60,000 and $125,000 per year, depending on how hard I work and whether or not there are work projects out there for me.

My girlfriend is 61 and makes about $18,000 per year, working as a part-time mail clerk.

For me, making $60,000 a year, under ObamaCare, the cheapest, lowest grade policy I can buy, which also happens to impose a $5,000 deductible, costs $482 per month.

For my girlfriend, the same exact policy, same deductible, costs $1 per month. That's right, $1 per month. I'm not making this up.

Don't believe me? Just go to www.coveredca.gov , the ObamaCare website for California and enter the parameters I've mentioned above and see for yourself. By the way, my zip code is 93940. You'll need to enter that.

So OK, clearly ObamaCare is a scheme that involves putting the cost burden of healthcare onto the middle and upper-income wage earners. But there's a lot more to it. Stick with me.

And before I make my next points, I'd like you to think about something:

I live in Monterey County , in Central California . We have a large land mass but just 426,000 residents - about the population of Colorado Springs or the city of Omaha .

But we do have a large Hispanic population, including a large number of illegal aliens, and to serve this group we have Natividad Medical Center, a massive, Federally subsidized county medical complex that takes up an area about one-third the size of the Chrysler Corporation automobile assembly plant in Belvedere, Illinois (see Google Earth View). Natividad has state-of-the-art operating rooms, Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging, fully equipped, 24 hour emergency room, and much more. If you have no insurance, if you've been in a drive-by shooting or have overdosed on crack cocaine, this is where you go. And it's essentially free, because almost everyone who ends up in the ER is uninsured.

Last year, 2,735 babies were born at Natividad. 32% of these were born to out-of-wedlock teenage mothers, 93% of which were Hispanic. Less than 20% could demonstrate proof of citizenship, and 71% listed their native language as Spanish. Of these 876 births, only 40 were covered under [any kind of] private health insurance. The taxpayers paid for the other 836. And in case you were wondering about the entire population - all 2,735 births - less than 24% involved insured coverage or even partial payment on behalf of the patient to the hospital in exchange for services. Keep this in mind as we move forward.

Now consider this:

If I want to upgrade my policy to a low-deductible premium policy, such as what I had with my last employer, my cost is $886 per month. But my girlfriend can upgrade her policy to the very same level, for just $4 per month. That's right, $4 per month. $48 per year for a zero-deductible, premium healthcare policy - the kind of thing you get when you work at IBM (except of course, IBM employees pay an average of $170 per month out of pocket for their coverage).

I mean, it's bad enough that I will be forced to subsidize the ObamaCare scheme in the first place. But even if I agreed with the basic scheme, which of course I do not, I would never agree to subsidize premium policies. If I have to pay $482 a month for a budget policy, I sure as hell do not want the guy I'm subsidizing to get a better policy, for less that 1% of what I have to fork out each month for a low-end policy.
Why must I pay $482 per month for something the other guy gets for a dollar? And why should the other guy get to buy an $886 policy for $4 a month? Think about this: I have to pay $10,632 a year for the same thing that the other guy can get for $48. $10,000 of net income is 60 days of full time work as an engineer. $48 is something I could could pay for collecting aluminum cans and plastic bottles, one day a month.

Are you with me on this? Are you starting to get an idea what ObamaCare is really about?

ObamaCare is not about dealing with inequities in the healthcare system. That's just the cover story. The real story is that it is a massive, political power grab. Do you think anyone who can insure himself with a premium policy for $4 a month will vote for anyone but the political party that provides him such a deal? ObamaCare is about enabling, subsizdizing, and expanding the Left's political power base, at taxpayer expense. Why would I vote for anyone but a Democrat if I can have babies for $4 a month? For that matter, why would I go to college or strive for a better job or income if it means I have to pay real money for healthcare coverage? Heck, why study engineering when I can be a schlub for $20K per year and buy a new F-150 with all the money I'm saving?

And think about those $4-a-month babies - think in terms of propagation models. Think of just how many babies will be born to irresponsible, under-educated mothers. Will we get a new crop of brain surgeons and particle physicists from the dollar baby club, or will we need more cops, criminal courts and prisons? One thing you can be certain of: At $4 a month, they'll multiply, and multiply, and multiply. And not one of them will vote Republican.

ObamaCare: It's all about political power, transferring wealth and birthing a huge voting base.
  • Like 2

Ken

lets see no lead smelters left, coal mines in a choke hold, do we still have a steel mill? shortage of skilled blue collar workers, next generation thinks its owed a living wage for working at mc d if they work at all.......... were blued .....screwed ..........and soon to be tattooed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!