A Guilty Pleasure

fxfymn

I had air conditioning installed in the garage-mahal yesterday. Do I feel a little guilty about spending the cash to keep fire trucks and the mechanic (me) working on them cool? Yeah, a little, but I'll get over it.

It sure is nice to be able to work out there when it is 95 degrees out and not sweat my ... off.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

The FWD Corporation- Hellertown Pa. Field Headquarters is 32x26. I have a 22,000btu window unit. If I know I am going to be out there for an extended period of time, I'll go out there an hour ahead of time and turn it on. It doesn't cool the place off to arctic-like conditions, but it certainly drops the temps down to a tolerable level.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I work outside all day on equipment so I actually try not to use much AC, it just makes you feel worse to go back and forth. If I want to feel cool I just think about southern Iraq in june wearing body armor, it was in the 120's to 130's most of the time, saw over 140 a couple days.

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I used to be able to work outside all day in this hot & humid crap. Not any more. My shop & house is climate controlled. Very important especially in the shop when i am working with materials that are very heat & humidity sensitive. A 10 degree jump in temps & i loose a few thou in tolerance on the CNC mill.

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

I used to be able to work outside all day in this hot & humid crap. Not any more. My shop & house is climate controlled. Very important especially in the shop when i am working with materials that are very heat & humidity sensitive. A 10 degree jump in temps & i loose a few thou in tolerance on the CNC mill.

I'm the same way, I just can't do it any more. I was soaked with sweat after I tied down and tarped a load of steel yesterday,looked like i'd peed in my pants. I drank all the water I had, got another bottle when I stopped at the shop to fuel, then stopped in Chatham and got 2 quarts of Gatorade, drank both of them, and my hands were still cramping so bad on the steering I couldn't even straighten my fingers out unless I used my other hand to do it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

think about southern Iraq in june wearing body armor, it was in the 120's to 130's most of the time, saw over 140 a couple days.

Thanks for the service.

I always think of the quote from Alan Brunacini, the former FC of Phoenix, AZ. When the troops were engaged in a fire op in the 110 degree plus summer Phoenix heat he would quip "But, it's a dry heat."

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I'm dying here at work too. I have to go from hot/cold just due to the nature of my work. An hour out in the shop and I'm drenched, then come into my office and try to dry out/cool off. Ugh, but I hate winter worse!!!

I did charge the a/c in my pickup last night since I had to drive it today. It doesn't hold a charge but a week or so but at least it is bearable for now. Been trying to trace down the problem, new compressor, new lines, new drier but still leaks off. Used dye and still nothing shows up.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I'm the same way, I just can't do it any more. I was soaked with sweat after I tied down and tarped a load of steel yesterday,looked like i'd peed in my pants. I drank all the water I had, got another bottle when I stopped at the shop to fuel, then stopped in Chatham and got 2 quarts of Gatorade, drank both of them, and my hands were still cramping so bad on the steering I couldn't even straighten my fingers out unless I used my other hand to do it.

Maybe your just old and out of shape. OD-OLD dog

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I have always hated the cold/snow/ice. I always said I would take 100 degrees and humid any day of the week and twice on sunday over snow and ice.

That being said, many of you know I have lost about 135 pounds. Now that I have lost all my weight, I tolerate the heat much better now.

But this past winter I damn near DIED. I lost all my "insulation." I hated the cold before. I FUCKING hate the cold now!!!!! if the temp drops below 35 I am wearing the long johns, two pairs of socks, a wooly hat, etc....If it gets below 10. I pull out the quilted shirts and the Carhartts!!!!!!!

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I have always hated the cold/snow/ice. I always said I would take 100 degrees and humid any day of the week and twice on sunday over snow and ice.

That being said, many of you know I have lost about 135 pounds. Now that I have lost all my weight, I tolerate the heat much better now.

But this past winter I damn near DIED. I lost all my "insulation." I hated the cold before. I FUCKING hate the cold now!!!!! if the temp drops below 35 I am wearing the long johns, two pairs of socks, a wooly hat, etc....If it gets below 10. I pull out the quilted shirts and the Carhartts!!!!!!!

+1, I hate the cold, can't freaking stand it under 50 degrees I'm much happier around 80-90 than 50 or below. I keep a long sleeve t shirt in my truck just to wear in restaurants that keep their thermostats set in the 60's.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I will take cold any day over hot! Anything above 85 is horrible

I would agree, but my cut off is 70. I don't even leave the truck running at night unless it's below 20 degrees, but if it's over 70 the AC is on! I think maybe I should have been a Canuck.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.