Other trucks

RFCDrum

Urban Farms International 2500. This was specced similar to mine it is an early nineties truck. 300 hp DT466 w/Jacobs exhaust brake, 8LL, 18 ft Bristol Donald with dual pistons and removable sides but I don't think they ever take them off as you need a machine to lift them.

Rob

post-8724-0-28161600-1381592564_thumb.jp

post-8724-0-86234300-1381592595_thumb.jp

post-8724-0-55225100-1381592649_thumb.jp

PZ 1, I've owned the truck for several years and it's in good mechanical condition. Fred Crismon, "Mr. International", and I had several conversations about the V-12's and I've come to the conclusion that they were a myth for several reasons. I'm hoping to get started working on it next spring as soon as I get my current project done. Here's what I'm working on now. I hope to get it blasted next week and get some paint on it. attachicon.gifDSCF0385.JPG

Oh- well that explains your posting of it. I apparently misinterpreted your statement - " IH didn't build many of them. A lot of people have seen pictures of them but to my knowledge, no one has seen one in person recently.

Sometime you should write about what you have learned about them.

Your current project looks good. You would get a lot of stares driving it just the way it is. Looking at it leads me to thinking grey and black would be good on it.

Dan about the V-12 Detroit on page 279 of Fred Crimson's Book International Trucks there is a picture of a 1956 HighBinder Model # RDFC-402 with a factory V-12 Detroit in it. It says 10 were built for Haliburton. On your new acquisition how did you find 2 of them ? There were not many if any in my area that I recall seeing thru the years.It certainly was a nice find and looks solid. Joe D.

Joe, Fred sent me pictures of what he thought were the 402's with the V-12's. I could not see any difference between my truck and the pictures he sent. Also, I would think that the V-12's would have had dual stacks. To route the exhaust around the back engine to come out through a single 5 inch side discharge exhaust would have been a nightmare. The Cummins 335 takes up so much space that I don't see how a V-12 would fit. I could go on but you would have to see the truck to know what I'm trying to explain. Fred was the expert on IH's and did extensive research. If he said there were trucks with V-12's, there probably were. As I said before, we had numerous conversations about the 402's and I'm not convinced there were any with the V-12's. If there were, I think there would have been a difference in the trucks. That's just my opinion and opinions are like "a**holes", everybody's got one.

All three of the high binders came out of scrap yards in west Kansas. The red truck and the green truck came from the same yard. The Halliburton truck also came from a scrap yard but it was being used weekly to haul scrap iron. There's also a story as to how I found and bought them. Give me a call sometime and we'll talk about old trucks. Thanks, Dan

• 3 months later...

I think it was the White 3000 (1949-1950??) with an electric screw jack lift, but the Diamond T low cab forward with a spring loaded counter balanced manual lift designed by the Murty Bros (1952??) was a close second. My Diamond T 921 sleeper has the same lift and I can tilt it by myself.

Brocky

• 3 weeks later...

Nice one Al! I thought the Cannonball was a neat looking truck,do you remember one from Overdrive,tractor of the month, it was yellow/black with a double, polished, Mercury sleeper on it? sharp truck!.................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.