Other trucks

RFCDrum

Ok I like trucks with stories. This was originally owned by Frank and Steve Little from Newfoundland NJ. These guys were the first ones to bring down bulk mulch from the mills to Northern NJ back in the early seventies. We never had that only used bagged product for the most part. These guys had some array of trucks over the years. I wish I had photos of all of them.Any way I used to ride in this truck when I was 4 or 5 years old. It had a 270 Cummins, 7 speed Spicer with a high/low reverse with a cool flipper on the stick, 65 top loader Eaton rears. Len Deblock bought it from Steve and also bought Steve's Superliner which is in Sparta now. They had Macks, Ford and Kenworths. Too bad they passed own Steve was too young. He was a big man.

post-8724-0-81779400-1362923943_thumb.jp

post-8724-0-92956800-1362923971_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I like trucks with stories. This was originally owned by Frank and Steve Little from Newfoundland NJ. These guys were the first ones to bring down bulk mulch from the mills to Northern NJ back in the early seventies. We never had that only used bagged product for the most part. These guys had some array of trucks over the years. I wish I had photos of all of them.Any way I used to ride in this truck when I was 4 or 5 years old. It had a 270 Cummins, 7 speed Spicer with a high/low reverse with a cool flipper on the stick, 65 top loader Eaton rears. Len Deblock bought it from Steve and also bought Steve's Superliner which is in Sparta now. They had Macks, Ford and Kenworths. Too bad they passed own Steve was too young. He was a big man.

Nice bunch of trucks Rob. Heavy duty looking Ford there.

That Ford was a beast. There ere a few of them in our area years ago. They were cheaper than the Macks and Autocars which were very expensive back then from what I was told. Len blew a rear in her and had a lot of trouble trying to find one because they were obsolete. When I rode in that truck when I was 6 or 7 you could eat off of that floor.

I remember these.

Rob,i could'nt think of the name,but do you remember a small fleet that came to Englishtown a lot,they were CLEAN white,single axle GMC Generals (i think) north Jersey or Long Island maybe?.............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Rob,i could'nt think of the name,but do you remember a small fleet that came to Englishtown a lot,they were CLEAN white,single axle GMC Generals (i think) north Jersey or Long Island maybe?.............................................Mark

Hmmm there was that fleet from New Brunswick? They had a bunch of Generals. I can picture the fleet in head. It's only the useless info I reme mber not the important stuff. :P

• 2 weeks later...

There use to be Cardel Paving they had a bunch of generals and paystars with bristol donald bodies

Yes when I lived in Brick I used to see the Generals all the time. They were painted gray I believe? They also had funky stacks on them that can out the front of the cab shield.