Other trucks

RFCDrum

Thanks,Joe D. & Mark.The late W.T. "Bill" Hayes of Lemont,Ill. had a red integral sleeper (like a McCleans) that had a SCREAMIN" 6-71 in it.Was sharp as a tack, too. I sure do,Mark. Didn't it have a like a 60" Merc on it? Yeah that thing was guaranteed to turn heads,fer sure!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Just got this from a friend of mine.. Ain't a Mack but it belonged to another friend that died awhile back,so it's something to remember him by. It's a '62 all aluminum cab,hood, frame,etc.and has a newer 290 with a 10 speed.He's going to drop it off when he comes up to the Walcott show.

attachicon.gifACar 1.jpg

Mike great find. It would look awesome all cleaned up.

That A-car still has the "funnel" on the lower part of the stack yet too! Must have been for excess cab to chassis movement,huh? Were those cabs susupended at all? Truck looks decent,Mike. Even with no :bulldog1: on the hood!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 2 weeks later...

Your right Rob, in the 80's and 90's International was a very popular truck. In my little part of the world anyway.

I'm not sure why, I think it was price, companies that always had International moved to Western star and Kenworth.

Mack people always stayed with Mack.

I wanted to share a pic of my first snowplow - it was a 1981 S1900 with a DT 466 and a 13 speed transmission.

post-17364-0-45068700-1394382855_thumb.j

• Like 1

Keith 

• 2 weeks later...

Did you like it?

I don't think I'm the right person to evaluate a truck. I have only ever driven old, worn out trucks. So anything new to me is good.

I will say the drivers station seemed very comfortable, with good visibility.

Keith

Keith