Other trucks

RFCDrum

Ah,the Paymaster! pretty big flop! I been doing a little reading up on them,kinda interesting story actually! most were powered by the "Nine-O-Nothin'" (VT-903 Cummins) supposedly a lot of them ended up in Chicagoland? I never knew there was a sleeper version offered till just recently.......................Mark

Pictures courtesy dailydieseldose.com

post-5836-0-45075500-1380412772_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Ah,the Paymaster! pretty big flop! I been doing a little reading up on them,kinda interesting story actually! most were powered by the "Nine-O-Nothin'" (VT-903 Cummins) supposedly a lot of them ended up in Chicagoland? I never knew there was a sleeper version offered till just recently.......................Mark

I have never seen one of those ugly bastards till today. What is the story on these?

• Like 1

There used to be one in Mayflower colors parked in a storage lot in Crystal Lake at 31 and 14 for many years but I have not seen it recently,

I think the Ryder truck I posted is owned or at least borrowed by the I-80 group now.

High Binder that one looks like an old Haliburton Truck I saw pictures of in the IH Truck Book. I think some were 12 Bangers. Nice truck different to say the least. Ernie the Brockway is probably 8V-71 with the Farr air cleaner and 2 stacks. Looks like original pit fenders from factory. Joe D.

Brocky, Joe is correct. It's one of the old Halliburton trucks. IH put the larger 335 Cummins in it and they had to move the radiator forward. It is factory original an is all there. IH didn't build many of them. A lot of people have seen pictures of them but to my knowledge, no one has seen one in person recently.

Edited by High Binder

There used to be one in Mayflower colors parked in a storage lot in Crystal Lake at 31 and 14 for many years but I have not seen it recently,

I think the Ryder truck I posted is owned or at least borrowed by the I-80 group now.

I may be wrong,but the Ryder Paymaster was owned by ATHS,they sold it and ended up getting it back later,it's now on loan to the Iowa 80 Museum.

High Binder that one looks like an old Haliburton Truck I saw pictures of in the IH Truck Book. I think some were 12 Bangers. Nice truck different to say the least. Ernie the Brockway is probably 8V-71 with the Farr air cleaner and 2 stacks. Looks like original pit fenders from factory. Joe D.

I wish my 361 had a 318 I have that super 250 and I just can't get used to shiftin that Spicer 5X4 air matic! I had a Diamond Reo with that trans but I had a V6-71 in front and that thing would would shift low direct and over! but with the 927 Cummins I just use direct an over (when loaded) when M/T I could just leave it in direct! I was never a Cummins guy but would take one over a Cat any day, but this thing just runs outta steam to fast but has a lot of low end torque. I would like to put a turbo on it and maybe turn it up to a 270 or 290 but it don't have the piston oil coolers in the block. Now here is a question for you Cummins guys, could I take my crank and pistons and liners and put them lets say in a 400 block? I know the the stroke is longer on the Super engine but the block is not taller as some people may think, ex. they are the same, also my con. rods have 4 bolts on the caps

BULLHUSK